Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dancing cars around me!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure if this is normal-- When I stop at a red light, what I often see in my monitor is that the cars around me are all twitching or dancing. Sometimes even the lines are joining in the party!

Is this an indication that the radar/sensors aren't bolted tightly enough? Or perhaps I just have the music on too loud?

I wished they fixed it.
If the could they'd be shipping FSD.

Even after FSD ships I bet if they're still displaying this data at this refresh rate it'll jump around some. Real world data run with realtime analysis tends to be kind of messy like that. They could hide a lot of it by smoothing it out and lower the refresh, but underneath there's still going to be some jitter.

I had "blinking cars" last night in the oncoming lane, showing as if they were next to me heading in my direction. Plain old 2 lane road, not sure why it was displaying them at all given they were heading at me.

It's interesting to see how the sensors work in tandem with the software (and the current apparent limitations of both).