Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dancing cars gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No more dancing cars in V10. However I have cars drift in their lane. Additionally I have cars that will pop up and then disappear and then appear again.
I have seen this too; I've had a car running apace with me disappear from the MFD. I tested the actual detection with a turning signal, and the lane line did turn red, so there's that at least, though the *bamf*ing cars did reassure me that I was right to check with the Mk I Eyeball before lane changes, even when automated.

No more dancing cars in V10. However I have cars drift in their lane. Additionally I have cars that will pop up and then disappear and then appear again.
I chuckled today. Had an F150 come up beside me. As it came from the rear it was a car on the screen. Then it passed me...disappeared and then poof it was a pickup a car length in front of me. Freaking Tesla Magic!

• Funny
Reactions: sceptic
yeah still there...along with the gear whine on decel from 25mph, and the radio blinking in and out for the forst ten seconds you are ijn the car, and the CRAP usb music interface, and the non existent BT phone integration.. Audi/Porsche/Anyone looking like my next EV

Yes, that's roughly what I'm seeing also. In addition, while stopped, I no longer see the car right behind me in the same lane as me. Cars behind me in other lanes are showing up, but not the one right behind me. Is anyone else seeing that behavior?

No there is a BT CONNECTIOn not integration, a 2015 honda civic can read texts and ACTUALLY INTEGRATE WITH CARPLAY AND ANDROID AUTO
I suppose we need to define our terms and establish our goalposts. BT integration does not imply Apple or Android service integration; these are different converstaions. I can pair my phone with my car, and the car will work as a headset with wheels and play music from my phone, including media control from the car's MFD. This counts as integration in my book; it may not count in yours. C'est la vie. Also, no need to shout; the acoustics in here are fantastic :)

Cars behind me in other lanes are showing up, but not the one right behind me. Is anyone else seeing that behavior?

I definitely am seeing exactly this. It's as though the car is effectively blind directly to the rear.

• Funny
Reactions: vickh
It seemed the cars danced to the beat of the music that was playing, and I'll be honest - it usually made me laugh. The only time I found it annoying was when I'd show a new person how technologically advanced the Tesla is, and they'd ask why all the cars around us were dancing...oh don't worry about that it's fine :D

Other than the entertainment value of dancing cars, I'm curious if anyone has found the visualization of neighboring cars to be useful. (I mean while your car is stopped, not while moving). I think it is cool, but I haven't found it to be really useful. Am I missing some obvious benefit?