Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dancing Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Itll be fixed when you get v10. I have ZERO dancing cars or objects.

well, that's encouraging. i've been putting up with this not-ready-for-primetime crap for almost a year. i can't tell you the number of times i eagerly updated in hopes this would stop, only to find they've wasted their resources making another damn game or some stupid fart sounds... their priorities are seriously jacked over there in fremont.

I think I'm still on an old version. I just got the car a few days ago and it came with 2019.27.103 and hasn't updated yet. I even enabled the advanced update mode in the UI but nothing yet.

There is no way to force it to check for an update is there?
I've posted this exact same info quite a few times in various threads, so I apologize to you peeps that have seen it before.

Dan, the following is complete supposition on my part. I have zero information to back this up, but it sounds like a darn good theory...

When I picked up my car in August, I called my SA and asked him to make sure that the most current software was installed on the car before I picked it up. He replied that it was standard procedure (and part of the delivery checklist that they have to complete internally on each car) to make sure that the software was up to date.

There is a big (well, little in actuality, but big as far as software goes) difference between the cars that have been delivered starting September 1, and cars delivered earlier. The September 1 cars and newer have to have the Pedestrian Warning System activated.

IMO, the .27.xxx software we are seeing on the cars that have been delivered since September 1 is a fork of the software that specifically supports the Pedestrian Warning System.

As such, it is the most current software version that supports your car. I wouldn't be surprised to see cars that are on this different code fork be combined back into the rest of the fleet with v10, which started rolling out yesterday.

I don’t have FSD so I'll likely be bottom of the list for v10. Guess I'm stuck with this for a while.
Possibly not. Elon stated that V10 would roll out to FSD owners this week, then the rest of the fleet next week.

I've only been an actual Tesla owner for just short of two months now, but I've been actively reading about them for years. This is one of the fastest software roll outs I've seen them do in a long time. A lot of FSD owners woke up to find v10 ready to install. Far more than what you'd see for a "typical" roll out. They are serious about getting everyone on v10, and in a big hurry. V10 came to me at midnight last night.

This is one of the times where I actually believe "Elon time," and think you'll be getting v10 by the end of next week, barring any show-stopping bugs.

@Dan203 Also, keep in mind that there is little evidence to show that, even though your version number is .27, your car is missing any significant (if any) functionality or feature set. Just because the latest non v10 version was .32.x.x for non PWS equipped cars, and yours is .27.xxx, the two forks were developed using their own numbering system, and as such you can not compare the version numbers to determine equivalent functionality.

I'd be willing to bet that your car has the same functionality and feature set as a non Pedestrian Warning System car that is running .32.2.2.