Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dang, I don't know which is worse...trying to buy a PS5 or Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They should have accessories reserved for new car buyers/owners which would close the eBay crap rather quickly.

To be fair, the seller of my homelink on EBay had purchased it 6-7 months earlier on the anticipation of a M3/MY delivery. They cancelled their order and decided to sell the pre-purchased accessories. That is the way EBay is supposed to work.

Reactions: Midnightsun
FWIW: I was getting annoyed with waiting for it to come back in stock so I called my local gallery/service center. They told me to just set up a service appt. in the app and make note that I did not have the module (so they would have to source one). They were able to get one and install in my car with no issues. YMMV
This is exactly what I did. It was easy and quick too. They got the part in a few days.

I've bought a handful of stuff from Tesla, and am always amazed at how quickly it arrives. Usually in a day or 2!
Speaking of fast delivery (and homelink), when I ordered homelink last month it was shipped and delivered same day. On a Sunday!

And while it is annoying that we have to pay extra and schedule a service visit for homelink, it is really nice after you have it installed. Drive home and the garage automatically opens? Why do most other manufacturers treat homelink as a standalone button set that is not linked to anything else on the vehicle?

Speaking of fast delivery (and homelink), when I ordered homelink last month it was shipped and delivered same day. On a Sunday!

And while it is annoying that we have to pay extra and schedule a service visit for homelink, it is really nice after you have it installed. Drive home and the garage automatically opens? Why do most other manufacturers treat homelink as a standalone button set that is not linked to anything else on the vehicle?
Because people like buttons. 🤪 Integration via software is where Tesla has the edge. Compute location from gps to activate is the key. Simply cannot do this easily on other cars as in general there is little or no integration of other features

• Funny
Reactions: leaftoy and WhiteWi