Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Danville, Ca = zero superChargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was kind of shocked my city, Danville has zero superchargers. I hope they address this.
If by "they" you mean the City of Danville and hope they will address this, then you should recognize that the city has no say in where Tesla chooses to put their proprietary stations. And the city has already addressed, at least minimally, the need for local charging by putting in a non-proprietary CCS/CHAdeMO fast charger at the library/community center and L2 stations in 2 different downtown municipal parking lots. If you mean you hope Tesla will address it, then they already have by putting in 2 stations a couple miles south in San Ramon with another planned for a bit farther north near Walnut Creek.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and kavyboy
I feel for your suffering.

upload_2019-10-3_21-37-15.png

OMG, a whiner.
Take a look anywhere else in the world and you'll find that you have so many more chargers near you than anyone else.

Atlanta, 6 million people, 4 Superchargers.
Danville, CA 44,631 people.

I've got one 5 miles away, never use it. I charge at home and have a great EV experience.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Why do you need a supercharger in your home town? Aren't you planning on charging your car at home every night? I very rarely use superchargers within 60-100 miles of my house.
Exactly. I used the Supercharger in the next town when I first got the car just to test it to make sure there was no problem with the car before I took it on a long road trip. Since then, I've never plugged into a Supercharger less than 150 miles from my house.

Why do you need a supercharger in your home town? Aren't you planning on charging your car at home every night? I very rarely use superchargers within 60-100 miles of my house.

This discussion of whether someone should or should not use a SC has been hashed about a million times now on TMC. Regardless of side, it gets very tiring hearing about it again.

Reactions: jjrandorin
This discussion of whether someone should or should not use a SC has been hashed about a million times now on TMC. Regardless of side, it gets very tiring hearing about it again.

I would agree with the "its tiring about hearing about the merits or lack thereof of supercharting" debate... but thats not this OPs "concern". This OPs concern is that, for some reason, 5 miles is too far away to be from a supercharger. I live in so. cal not northern cali, so maybe there is some reason this OP feels they cant cross the 5 miles into another zip code to charge at a supercharger?

Right, but I assume the OP is a new user. They haven't heard the arguments, and may be thinking the best use of their time is to sit at a supercharger 2-3 times a week to save a couple bucks each time.

Think about it. Tesla says "Free supercharging for two years!" What does someone immediately think? To heck with charging at home on my dime - I'll use my free supercharging!

I would agree with the "its tiring about hearing about the merits or lack thereof of supercharting" debate... but thats not this OPs "concern". This OPs concern is that, for some reason, 5 miles is too far away to be from a supercharger. I live in so. cal not northern cali, so maybe there is some reason this OP feels they cant cross the 5 miles into another zip code to charge at a supercharger?

I understand what the OP’s concern was. That’s why I responded to with what I wrote regarding SC use when that was not the concern.