Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dark area on headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 Model 3 rear wheel drive, my headlights does not illuminate two small areas, leaving darker areas. I tried to calibrate the headlights but the controls can only adjust the headlights vertically, the horizontal adjustment isn't working. I covered each headlight with a towel to calibrate each light. The projection pattern looks strange to me.

Does the pattern look correct? Is anyone else able adjust the headlights horizontally on a 2023?

Attachments

• IMG-3576.JPG
    IMG-3576.JPG
    350.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG-3578.JPG
    IMG-3578.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG-3580.JPG
    IMG-3580.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 99
I think you just need to adjust you left headlight. Happened with mine after delivery. You can do it directly from the screen - very cool feature, but be really careful not to raise them tto much or you will be getting constantly "flashed" by oncoming drivers. If that does not solve it, have service fix it. It can be done through the mobile service team. Good luck.

Mine started doing this recently as well, or I just noticed it for the first time in the past few weeks. Will pull up to the garage door like you did to check the pattern. Seems really odd, and I'm positive it was not always like that.