Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dark ash or figured ash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2015 came with piano black trim and a tan interior. I wanted wood, but I knew the trim could be swapped out, so I didn't sweat that option. I like the look of the ash wood the most. I'm leaning towards figured ash as I like the lighter color, but this picture of dark ash makes me second guess my preference as it looks to have some nice depth:

2012-2019 Tesla Model S Dash Console Dark Ash Trim | eBay

Any others care to offer an opinion/pics of their ash trim?

Reactions: DavidB
My 2015 came with piano black trim and a tan interior. I wanted wood, but I knew the trim could be swapped out, so I didn't sweat that option. I like the look of the ash wood the most. I'm leaning towards figured ash as I like the lighter color, but this picture of dark ash makes me second guess my preference as it looks to have some nice depth:

2012-2019 Tesla Model S Dash Console Dark Ash Trim | eBay

Any others care to offer an opinion/pics of their ash trim?

I have the Dark Ash with black interior. I will say the grain does not stand out as much in the car and you have to almost look at it from an angle to notice it sometimes. However perhaps with the tan interior the wood would be more noticeable. I could see that as a very nice combo.

Thanks for your feedback about the dark ash. I also don't prefer the gloss, and if the depth is not always that visible, I think I'm leaning more towards the figured ash.

Matte woods that I'm aware of are:

obeche
figured ash
oak
lacewood