TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dark lug nut covers

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Mickie, May 29, 2017.

1. Mickie

Mickie Member

I'll be receiving my grey turbines soon and am curious if Tesla SCs sell the dark lug nut covers and for how much. Reason I ask now is obviously the SC is closed for the holiday, and @Tsportline is ending their holiday sale today and they offer these Tesla Wheel Lug Nut Cover Set - TSportline.com - Tesla Model S & Model X Accessories

Also curious if Tesla's and Tsport's are aesthetically the same or if they differ.
    Happy Memorial Day and thanks to all who've served.

2. snellenr

snellenr Member

#2 snellenr, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    When I had to replace all of my 2014 P85's lug nuts (a tire store mangled them), the Houston SC sold me one "Bag O' Nuts" and one "Bag O' Chrome Covers". I asked if I'd be able to get the darker covers separately and they said it wouldn't be a problem...

Cost was $1.42/nut - I don't have the receipt handy, but IIRC the cover price accounted for less than half of that... this was in early December 2016.

• Informative x 1
  3. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Re-member

• Like x 1
  4. Mickie

Mickie Member

Good call! I wonder how those smoke chromes would look on grey. Maybe a bit off and suited more for that BBS shadow chrome, or black chrome what have you...