Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dark Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all and Happy New Year

Am I correct in saying that this “Dark Mode” that everyone is saying is in the holiday update, is literally just manually changing the display toggle to “Dark” which is something certainly I’ve been able to do from the very start back in July 2020?

Am I missing something?

Hi all and Happy New Year

Am I correct in saying that this “Dark Mode” that everyone is saying is in the holiday update, is literally just manually changing the display toggle to “Dark” which is something certainly I’ve been able to do from the very start back in July 2020?

Am I missing something?
Dark Mode is a feature that has been introduced into devices with screens and also in some applications over recent years which can help some people with certain eye conditions. We’ve been making upgrades at work for one of our users who requires it.

It will look very similar to the old night mode. I don’t know if Tesla are just standardising their terminology with industry standards and making it clearer that it’s an option that can be used anytime, or there are indeed some differences between it and the old night mode.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
I also prefer dark mode as it doesn’t highlight so negatively the swathes of emptiness on the drive screen part of the display. The UI just looks better.

On V10 I always preferred the display at night, but nightmode was just too difficult to use in the day. The Dark Mode of V11 might only be a subtle change from night mode, but it’s made all the difference for me.

In V11 dark mode has been optimised for both day and night usage. Whereas the previous dark mode was really only intended for night time use; even though you could manually turn it during the day.

It a personal choice, but as all the devices I have are set to dark mode if available; I now use it in the car and love it.
But I don’t see anything different to what it was before in Dark Mode

But I don’t see anything different to what it was before in Dark Mode
The old dark mode was too dark to use in daytime really. The whites were very dim.

The contrast of the new version is much more defined. It was a sunny day here today, and I could see the screen no problem. In the week before Xmas (when also sunny), in V10, I had to have it on “day” or white mode in order to see the screen.

Last edited: