Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Das Tesla Geschaeft in Muenchen (Munich Store)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As promised, here is a report and pictures from a family member:

"It's still a construction area. I had the chance to talk to some of the workmen there today (from England). They told me that the store is going to open up in about 2 - 3 weeks. The showroom is quite large."

There are supposed to be 3 images below. If you see less than 3, try a browser refresh.

Last edited:
A senior moment from a senior member? :)

Hey, what the hell? I posted three pictures above, and now there's only one! I'll have to repost them tonight. GRRRRRRRRR.

Edit: hmmm, it just doesn't load all three images reliably. I guess you get what you pay for from free image hosting services.

Opening Event on Sept. 10.
The inside doesn't look much like a building site anymore. Furnishings are in place. Office furniture, service equipment, decoration and cars seem to be all that's still missing at this point. As well as a final sweep.
They hope/expect a Model S mock-up to be there for the event as well.

RGB,
did you have one of the unexpected, mystic, suddenly happening (or not) appearances (per mail, phone) of our Tesla Rep? :wink:
The Tesla Motors Homepage (even in the owners forum) does not know the date.
I got this information some time ago, but I was wondering as Chicago (some times back) was sheduled to open on the same day ...

RGB,
did you have one of the unexpected, mystic, suddenly happening (or not) appearances (per mail, phone) of our Tesla Rep? :wink:

:D

I happened to be in Munich this past weekend, just around the corner from where the store is. Drove around the block and noticed electric blue heading for the store. Turned around and saw it parked just outside. A new Tesla guy (nice guy, can't remember his name) was showing the car to a potential customer. The store was open and I was invited in. Took a quick peek and talked to the guy for a little bit. He said the invitations are still to come but the event was scheduled for the 10th.

Did the interior look anything like the renderings? (Runway models excepted.)

Yes. The pic on top shows about half of the show room. On the other end there is some sort of a bar/counter type piece. Adjacent is some kind of a large meeting room or something. A couple of washrooms, kitchen and stuff in the back as well as access to the shop (which seems quite small, big enough for maybe one or two service lifts).

Last edited:
RGB,
The Tesla Motors Homepage (even in the owners forum) does not know the date.
I got this information some time ago, but I was wondering as Chicago (some times back) was sheduled to open on the same day ...

Just noticed that they officially anounce it on their website now: Tesla Motors - events

Has anyone received an invitation yet? Oh, wait - we probably have to inquire about it. My bad.
:rolleyes:

You got Mail !
---------------------------

Hallo ..........,

Es ist so weit: Der 100% elektrische Tesla Roadster kommt auf dem europäischen Festland an ? erleben Sie jetzt sportliche Leistung mit reinem Gewissen!

Kommen Sie zu der Eröffnung unseres neuen Tesla Motors Flagship Stores am 10. September 2009 um 20.00 Uhr in die Blumenstrasse 17, 80331 München und feiern Sie mit uns die elektrische Auto-Revolution!

Bitte lassen Sie uns unter [email protected] wissen, ob Sie kommen und ob Sie jemand begleitet.

Ihr Tesla Team.

Dresscode: Cool Casual

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moment we have long been waiting for: The 100% electric Tesla Roadster is coming to mainland Europe ? experience now performance with a clean conscience!

Be in Munich for the opening of our new Tesla Motors Flagship store on September 10 at 8 p.m. in Blumenstrasse 17, 80331 Munich, Germany to celebrate with us the electric car revolution!

Please let us know on [email protected] if you can come and if you will bring a guest.

Your Tesla Team.

Dresscode: Cool Casual

Electric clips -

YouTube - Tesla Roadster city hotlaps as pace car for Le Mans winner (Porsche 917 01)
YouTube - Tesla Roadster overtakes at Electric Avenue

Latest News -

Elektroautos in München - Mit Strom durch die Straßen - Stadtleben - sueddeutsche.de
"Erster europäischer Tesla-Händler im Juni" - auto motor und sport
Energieexperte Willenbacher: "Fürs Elektroauto sind keine neuen Kraftwerke nötig" - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Auto
Das Magazin » Das neue Neue Ding
Selbstversuch mit Tesla S: Mein iPod fährt zweihundertzehn - Hintergründe - Feuilleton - FAZ.NET

Events - Tesla Motors - events

Let's Burn Rubber not Oil!

Craig Davis
Sales and Marketing Director
Munich, Germany

---------------------------

See you there !