Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash and rearview cams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Anybody tried to install cams in your S or X in Tokyo or other cities for that matter too? I have been reading up on the subject in the overseas, primarily US forums. While it's possible I decide to DIY it would seem logical to check on the other options too. I am thinking about A119 and A119S.

Thanks Jay - I have seen and read that guide, which is where I picked up on the A119 cams.
Thank you arcus - I have not seen your thread before, so just finished reading it not long ago - way to go & nicely done!

I have contacted SC in Yokohama and they made a recommendation. It's an independent (from Tesla) installer with some experience working on Tesla cars. I think I am going to try this approach.
Following models were recommended:
ドライブレコーダー ZDR-015 | COMTEC 株式会社コムテック
ZD600WF|ドライブレコーダー|Yupiteru(ユピテル)

• Informative
Reactions: JayInJapan
Hi Hiroshiy,

Thank you for your post. I have an appointment next week with the installer (guys over at Tesla Yokohama SC made an intro) so will let everyone know once my dash & rear cams get installed.
Blackvue seems to be what most Tesla owners get, which seems to be pretty good. Wondering whether you like yours? Do you find them useful and do you get much use/review the footage? I was on the fence for a while trying to justify the installation and related expenses and the need to work on the car.

Hi Hiroshiy,

Thank you for your post. I have an appointment next week with the installer (guys over at Tesla Yokohama SC made an intro) so will let everyone know once my dash & rear cams get installed.
Blackvue seems to be what most Tesla owners get, which seems to be pretty good. Wondering whether you like yours? Do you find them useful and do you get much use/review the footage? I was on the fence for a while trying to justify the installation and related expenses and the need to work on the car.
Hi, @SG13 , glad you already have an introduction and an appointment! Yes I was using Blackvue DR650 and now on my new X have DR750 2 channel system and I am satisfied with it. Basically it is reliable, non obtrusive and convenient. Especially I like WiFi transfer feature that allows me to copy the footage from the dashcam to my phone without removing microSD card. I also sometimes use cloud feature. Right now I have a mobile battery (in Japanese) with USB WiFi router in the car so my dashcam is connected to the Internet 24h.
No doubt Blackvue is one of the best in high end dashcams.

If you use Blackvue dashcam, I also recommend using the genuine OEM microSD card from Blackvue. I know this sounds stupid but from my experience Blackvue (as well as other dashcams) are all picky with microSD cards and the OEM card will give you peace of mind. I use 128GB OEM card. SanDisk is one of the worst card for dashcams. Just avoid it.

• Informative
Reactions: JayInJapan and SG13