TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dash behavior while charging?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by scaesare, May 28, 2013.

1. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Charged with my HPWC for the first time last night. Set scheduled charging to begin at 11pm.

Went out at about 11:30 and see car is charging, and dash display is on, and indicating charge. Go out again an hour later, and dash still on. Car is locked, with fob not nearby.

This morning with charge complete, dash is back off.

This strikes me as different behavior than when i was charging with my UMC for the last few days since I picked up the car on Friday evening.

Is this a HPWC or scheduled charging behavior... or is this an anomoly?

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Now that you mention it, it briefly crossed my mind after my HPWC was installed. Since the HPWC doesn't have a difference in pilot signals from a J1772, I'm wondering if it's a special condition at > 50A or a change in later software versions... perhaps get your UMC out and see what happens?

3. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

But that requires EFFORT! It's much easier to just post here and have you all spoon feed me!

Yeah.. I have a mental note to check the next time I'm umbilicaled via UMC... I'll report back.

4. RodF

RodF Member

My dash stays on after charging is complete. Stays on all night. Fob not in range. Is this normal?

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Mine shuts off as soon as the door is locked (4.4).

6. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

I think that quite a few things about charging status changed in conjunction with shore power mode - not all were required or ideal <ahem>

D

7. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

LOL. Glad to see you have a sense of humor about it Dave. I'm still hoping that a future upgrade will put the original Power 12 back in action!