Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Cam Not Working Check USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol i had gotten the T7 drive and it just so happens that the software is causing that glitch and i thought it was the drive , so i ended up returning it. I did buy a new MicroSD endurance which is much cheaper but will know if the error pops up and not return it. Hopefully the latest update i just downloaded last night will patch that error.

Happened to me last night during a trip to Home Depot. While the vehicle on, I unplugged the factory 128GB Samsung USB drive that came with the car. Then plugged it back in. The error went around.

Also running 2022.12.3.2 now. Just got the update last night after getting home from HD.

Same problem here. Went to the grocery store and when i came back there was 3 sentry events when i tried to view the footage i couldn’t because the ssd was not working. Unplugged and re-plugged seems to be a temporary fix.
Even after that i couldn’t access the 3 sentry events.

Even with the latest update, i got another dashcam error (icon with x) yesterday and had to reformat my drive again and it worked again. Thought it solved the issue. I hate that i constantly have to check if the dashcam icon is a red circle or an x to be sure i'm always recording.