Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Cam Not Working Check USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience with the Dashcam red X error of death. The problem first occurred after the 2022.8.3 software update with a Samsung T5 Portable SSD 1TB drive installed. Since then I have tried a combination of the original Tesla 128GB Flash Drive, two different SanDisk 256GB MAX Endurance microSDXC Cards with Kingston MobileLite Plus USB 3.2 microSDHC/SDXC UHS-II Card Readers and the Samsung T5 SSD. Software has been update from 2022.8.3 to 2022.12.1 to 2022.12.3.1 and finally 2022.12.3.2. The error appeared during all these updates. It reared its ugly head again 4 days after the 2022.12.3.2 update was installed. I have contacted Tesla to make them aware of the issue. Now the wait for a possible fix.

Reactions: meshbiz and WhiteWi
I am also on 2022.12.3.2 and using a San Disk High Endurance 128GB micro SD card which has been working fine for over a year and just started having this problem 2 days ago. I am unable to format it in the car, receiving a USB error when I try, but am able to read and format it just fine on my desktop. Plugging it back into the car still results in the same "dash cam not working check USB" error.

I have a M3P and am experiencing the same issues. My 1tb Samsung hard drive had been performing like a champ until the 3.1 update. I'm on 3.2 and the problem persists. Is there a channel to provide feedback regarding these issues other than send Elon a tweet? I know you can take a bug report but there is no way to tag the issue one is having.

I have a M3P and am experiencing the same issues. My 1tb Samsung hard drive had been performing like a champ until the 3.1 update. I'm on 3.2 and the problem persists. Is there a channel to provide feedback regarding these issues other than send Elon a tweet? I know you can take a bug report but there is no way to tag the issue one is having.
I called Tesla Customer Service at 888-518-3752 and got a human. Explained issue as I wanted it on record. They said maybe schedule service because they could force a software update (I did not). Take it for what it is worth. Needless to say next software update did not solve the issue.

My M3P was getting it's windshield replaced so I had them check out the usb issue. Of course it works perfectly for the two days my car was at the shop. They could not replicate the issue. And of course once I get my car back, it starts up again. Doesn't matter if its an SSD, factory samsung stick, or sandisk endurance card in USB reader, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm on the latest software update.

I called Tesla Customer Service at 888-518-3752 and got a human. Explained issue as I wanted it on record. They said maybe schedule service because they could force a software update (I did not). Take it for what it is worth. Needless to say next software update did not solve the issue.
Someone posted that the fix is in 2022.16 same with the trunk stopping. That version isn't even on Teslafi yet.