Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Cam Not Working Check USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my Tesla service tech messaged me that It’s a known firmware issue that causes the usb stick to not be able to mount correctly upon boot up. Nothing can be done until the fix is sent out via a new firmware update
Good to hear that confirmed, although I think it is pretty obvious since it showed up suddenly. What's odd is that people are calling service techs and are being told to reformat or buy a new memory stick, etc. Shouldn't everyone be getting the same story?

Last edited:
Reactions: OliverM3
Good to hear that confirmed, although I think it is pretty obvious since it showed up suddenly. What's odd is that people are calling service techs and are being told to reformat or buy a new memory stick, etc. Shouldn't everyone be getting the same story?

Agree. They can easily push a notification through our screen. I just opened a service ticket asking them to escalate the issue as it puts us at risk if we try to fix it while driving and not have camera recording.

Reactions: Wilber
Someone posted that the fix is in 2022.16 same with the trunk stopping. That version isn't even on Teslafi yet.
"Software version 2022.16.0.2 was just detected on a Tesla Model S Plaid in Texas United States. The highest previous version was 2022.12.22. Follow the 2022.16.0.2 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker . You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com."
Email from TeslaFi 05/24/2022.

Oh good to know. I thought my USB plug was broken. I had tried with multiple drives as well. However, just to note, the USB-C inside the middle console works all the time with no issues so I have one plugged in there. Not the safest, but better than having nothing until it's fixed

"Software version 2022.16.0.2 was just detected on a Tesla Model S Plaid in Texas United States. The highest previous version was 2022.12.22. Follow the 2022.16.0.2 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker . You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com."
Email from TeslaFi 05/24/2022.
Really need this update.

Not only is the Dash cam stuff broken.. but got a new garage door controller and I cant pair my Tesla with it. Still pissed I had to pay $350 for a garage door opener on a $60K car.. but now it doesn't pair with the new controller. The car tries to link then the screen goes completely black.. the Tesla symbol shows up and its like the entire car reboots itself.

Really need this update.

Not only is the Dash cam stuff broken.. but got a new garage door controller and I cant pair my Tesla with it. Still pissed I had to pay $350 for a garage door opener on a $60K car.. but now it doesn't pair with the new controller. The car tries to link then the screen goes completely black.. the Tesla symbol shows up and its like the entire car reboots itself.
I went the Siri Shortcuts route for my garage door and some Tesla options. But I had the ‘myQ’ setup with Chamberlain.
1653515932910.jpeg

Reactions: Daekwan
Dash cam started showing a red x so I pressed the icon and it says dash cam unavailable check USB. Tried unplugging and plugging back in, formatting, deleting recordings and it is continuing to show error. Anyone else experience this?
Same experience. Tesla offered to change my Tesla USB for free thinking it would fix it. It didn’t. I have a T7 now, and will just need to wait for a software update.

I'm also having this with my Model 3 -2021. Annoying. Can get it work doing 1) reformat, 2) reset or 3) removing USB stick. But error will always come back after day or two, usually after car has gone deep sleep. I have reported this to SC.

just received 2022.12.3.12 I guess we'll see how this one goes. Can't wait for .16
Today I went from 12.3.2 to 12.3.3. Undocumented, but I noticed that 12.3.2 and maybe 12.3.1 broke lane keep assist (with AP turned off). The warning setting would buzz when I (intentionally) drifted over the fog line, but the full assist setting did nothing at all. (Settings only work over 40 mph.) I did reboot several times to no avail.

2022.12.3.12 has fixed it. No other changes that I could tell.

Very odd that there is this long a delay with such an important feature being down this long.
It's probably just a perk to them and not an important feature. I think the only thing that would modify their release schedule would probably something safety related. I have jumped a couple version so not sure if that's them expediting things. I went from 12.3.2 to 12.3.12.