Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Cam Not Working Check USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it the dash camera feature not working or the backup camera? If the dash cam then possibly worth a couple weeks to hold off until the next software update. I'd hate for you to spend that if you don't actually have a hardware failure. If there is a wiring harness that is damaged and the backup camera alone isn't working then it would need to be repaired or replaced. I have seen rodents get into areas and chew up wires as is a possibility with any car.
It’s actually both cameras that are not working. Backup camera and dash camera

It’s actually both cameras that are not working. Backup camera and dash camera
Ok thanks. From what I understand the dash cam issue where the USB drive says disconnected and you unplug and plug it back in to get it to work, should be fixed soon by software update. Backup camera not working likely is a hardware issue such as a chewed wire or bad component. Hard to say without seeing it. Hope that helps a little.

Ok thanks. From what I understand the dash cam issue where the USB drive says disconnected and you unplug and plug it back in to get it to work, should be fixed soon by software update. Backup camera not working likely is a hardware issue such as a chewed wire or bad component. Hard to say without seeing it. Hope that helps a little.
Thanks again for the information and your response.

Attachments

• C2C9FD29-3331-48AD-98E5-9C737872B84B.png
    C2C9FD29-3331-48AD-98E5-9C737872B84B.png
    514.4 KB · Views: 227