Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anybody recommend an East Bay spot (preferably Walnut Creek/Lamorinda area) to get the following done:

- Dash Cam install - I'll probably pick up a two channel BlackVue prior to the install.

- Paint Protection - I'm undecided on what to go with, looking at wraps and/or something like an opt-pro but not wanting to spend a ton. I'm not super picky but do want to provide reasonable protection against expensive paint repairs.

Picking up our new model s tomorrow, so hoping to get this stuff done soonish.

Thanks!

Can anybody recommend an East Bay spot (preferably Walnut Creek/Lamorinda area) to get the following done:

- Dash Cam install - I'll probably pick up a two channel BlackVue prior to the install.

- Paint Protection - I'm undecided on what to go with, looking at wraps and/or something like an opt-pro but not wanting to spend a ton. I'm not super picky but do want to provide reasonable protection against expensive paint repairs.

Picking up our new model s tomorrow, so hoping to get this stuff done soonish.

Thanks!

Dashcam: using an old Samsung Galaxy S3 mounted with a standard Garmin GPS windshield mount that I had laying around. The drawbacks are it's not as convenient as a BlackVue. The automatic features of BlackVue are enticing. I'll upgrade down the road, but for now my 4-yr-old phone fits the bill.

Paint protection: I went with a full Xpel wrap. It's expensive but makes cleaning the car a breeze. You can do a partial wrap. Comes with a 10-yr warranty.

Here are some dashcam videos from just this week using my old cell phone with the free dashcam app, AutoBoy.

Last edited: