Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash cam shows red but no footage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe someone can help me. While stopped at the entrance to a parking deck, a woman reversed her car without looking and hit the front of my Model 3. Light damage but nevertheless. Perfect situation for dash cam recall. It never struck me to tap the dash cam icon to preserve the footage. Long story short, I drove an additional 20 minutes combined making one stop where I left the car when it occurred to me. I went out to my car to retrieve the USB stick. Before removing it, I tapped the icon once. Waited for the write to complete then removed it. Stuck bit into mybfri new MacBook Probto find that there were only a handful of 1 minute clips from over a month ago and the single 10 second clip I archived in the parking lot. Nothing from the incident 30 minutes prior.

Now, I played a lot with the dash cam feature from the first launch and knew very well about the file corruption issues. They all seemed to be fixed in a recent update around end of October (Inforget which one). The dash cam since has always had a red dot. So, where are all the recording since? Or at least for the past hour? Very strange. I read somewhere that file recovery software could reveal them. I have a Windows 10 computer at home and will take a look shortly. Strange that all those files names “recent” still exist from Nov 7. Today is December 20. Anyone ever experience this? Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.