Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash cam stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have AP 2.5 Model X. About 3 weeks ago the dash cam stopped working. I’ve been in communication with Tesla Virtual Serve, but not able to get a clear answer. I’ve been using Samsung 128GB extreme. Use to work well but about 3 weeks ago my autopilot stopped working (got tired with Sentry mode always on). Not sure if it’s related but since then it stopped recognizing the card. I reformatted many times. Tesla Virtual Serve said the car sees the card in the different format. But I’ve done exactly the same thing as I did before and same as I did on my model 3. I used a different USB drive it worked for 1 drive after the icon disappeared and when I plugged in the USB in the computer it was no longer recognized (destroyed my USB). My plan is to buy another Extreme card and try it but I have a suspicion something is wrong although Tesla said they ran a diagnostic and it all checks out. Anyone been in similar situation? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• 43ECD375-19C1-4543-A5D9-C10C4C5E2EAE.jpeg
    43ECD375-19C1-4543-A5D9-C10C4C5E2EAE.jpeg
    443.7 KB · Views: 66
  • FC5135ED-0FB4-4836-B543-BA44171C0324.jpeg
    FC5135ED-0FB4-4836-B543-BA44171C0324.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 43
Hello, I have AP 2.5 Model X. About 3 weeks ago the dash cam stopped working. I’ve been in communication with Tesla Virtual Serve, but not able to get a clear answer. I’ve been using Samsung 128GB extreme. Use to work well but about 3 weeks ago my autopilot stopped working (got tired with Sentry mode always on). Not sure if it’s related but since then it stopped recognizing the card. I reformatted many times. Tesla Virtual Serve said the car sees the card in the different format. But I’ve done exactly the same thing as I did before and same as I did on my model 3. I used a different USB drive it worked for 1 drive after the icon disappeared and when I plugged in the USB in the computer it was no longer recognized (destroyed my USB). My plan is to buy another Extreme card and try it but I have a suspicion something is wrong although Tesla said they ran a diagnostic and it all checks out. Anyone been in similar situation? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

While I am not going to verify, I am reasonably confident your file system type NTFS is wrong. It must be FAT (FAT32) I believe. NTFS is not compatible.