Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash cam unavailable. Won't save video.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting a message that dash cam is unavailable when I try to save video and I can't turn it on in settings. See pictures.

Autopilot is working fine so I don't think the cameras are covered. Backup camera works fine too. And sentry mode works as well.

Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

PXL_20220626_220546239.jpg
PXL_20220626_220303338.jpg

Since the last update, I believe, the dashcam sometimes will not be available. I've found. and others here, that doing a two thumb wheel restart gets it going again. Over the past few weeks, mine has not been available a few times, but the reset has got it going again. Hopefully, the next update fixes whatever they broke.

I actually scheduled a service appointment for the exact same thing, would keep getting a red "x" above the dash cam icon also. While talking to a rep before the appointment the told me it was a known issue and 2022.16x should fix it. I did just get this update and was able to reformat my drive and it's working...but it has only been 2 days. Hope this helps.

I am getting a message that dash cam is unavailable when I try to save video and I can't turn it on in settings. See pictures.

Autopilot is working fine so I don't think the cameras are covered. Backup camera works fine too. And sentry mode works as well.

Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

View attachment 821434View attachment 821436
For now, unplug and plug the USB drive back in and it will come back.
There was a bug in recent updates that causes this. 2022.16 update is supposed to include a fix for this.