Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash function and layout after last update, not

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just venting a bit,, I really really hate what the last update did to the dash on my M3,
I really want base controls on the main screen. Heater/Lights/Wipers.
It wasn't bad before I could do the swipe to get the wiper selection.
Now nearly every function is buried under at least 1 layer of menus.
Takes too much attention away from the road to navigate it.

General stuff,,,
The auto-sensing wipers,, erratic and don't handle misting conditions well at all.
Owned multiple cars with this feature and the Tesla implementation is far from a leader in this area.
Maybe need some engineers who don't live in sunny California designing the code to handle rain??

I would like to be able to completely turn off the nav screen, I don't need help
getting to work and back and I'd rather have other more useful functions there.

The traffic view screen is mostly useless, and I don't use it, again would like to be
able to turn it off, I don't really like all the movement and flashing during operation.

The radio and media is a dumpster fire. I really just want a analog stereo control,
and I want it to stay like I left it. Under the new update the system prioritizes streaming services
and you have to reset it almost every time you drive. We dont all live where cellular internet is 100% available..

The emergency approaching a car "beep" needs a volume button, or a way to pick a tone,
I have tinnitus, its WAY too loud and additionally so inconsistent its almost worthless.

Love the car but the constant churn on the dash controls is gradually moving me to look elsewhere. :(

Ok I've whined enough back to your regular scheduled reading..

Reactions: SanCarlosJeff