Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash locked up today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving along for about 7 miles from home going to the office and all of a sudden the slacker music changed songs in the middle of the current song. At first I did not think much of it but noticed that my speed was not changing, it read 52 mph all the time. The clock stopped updating and I could not mute the music or go to the next song. I don't think any steering wheel button worked.

The car drove fine, turn signals worked but did not show up on the dash. The big screen seemed to work OK. I performed a reset after I parked. It came back working OK.

I never encountered this before. I have a classic P85 with Sept. 2014 delivery. Anyone else see this? I have version 8 installed.

1. New
    Yes, ours crashes about once a month. When our car was updated to 8.0 at a service center, the software crashed on the way home.​

S 85D Pano Roof, Silver, Grey Leather, Piano Black, Textile Headliner, Tech, Air Suspension, Subzero package. VIN: 78xxx
    Confirmed: 1/31/2015; Production: 4/1/2015; Production Complete: 4/7/2015; Delivery: April 22

Did everything else work OK like I described? Looks like it did or you would have commented on it. Since it was the 1st time I have ever had this problem, I was very concerned that operation would be impaired.