TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dash Lockup

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by scaesare, Jul 21, 2013.

1. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Just got back from a ~500mi round trip to NYC. I just rolled past 5K miles on the odometer on the return leg.

On the way up, my dash locked up. No speedo or energy needle activity. No activity on the nav or energy meters currently displayed on the side panes. No response to steering wheel controls. Had to reboot it.

I was about 150 mils in to the trip, and did nothing different (that I can tell) than what I had been doing for the previous couple of hours. After the reboot, all was fine (except the odometer seems to disappear after a dash reboot, but comes back next time you power the car back up).

Only time I've sever seen that.

2. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Thanks for the story. Nothing unique about the event and the solution. You will find this happens once in awhile.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

When I first got my car, glitches with the screens were pretty common. But as time has passed and new firmware updates have come out, these sort of problems have become pretty rare. It will no doubt get even better.