Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Removal Picture

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason I've been asking all these questions is because I removed the dash to kill about 5 or 6 birds with one stone. :biggrin: Here is a picture of my 1.5

Tesla Dash Removal 013.JPG

How difficult is it to remove the dash, and how long did it take you? I've completely removed all the body panels and ECU on my motorcycle before, and used to be a computer technician, so it's not completely foreign to me. Just curious, as I might save myself a lot of money installing some things myself instead of paying a shop to do it.

How difficult is it to remove the dash, and how long did it take you? I've completely removed all the body panels and ECU on my motorcycle before, and used to be a computer technician, so it's not completely foreign to me. Just curious, as I might save myself a lot of money installing some things myself instead of paying a shop to do it.

It's taken me quite a long time, but I don't work very fast. :biggrin: I've also spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to silence the bells, buzzers, whistles, gongs etc. One of the projects is running another ipod cable from the usb port on the back of my new stereo that will keep my nano 4 charged. That required removal of the console which also took awhile to figure out. I think I've been working on it for part of four or five days now, but of course the second time should go much faster. When I finish it up, I should be able to give you a better estimate of the dash removal time.