Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash screen died on me while driving and on AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While driving yesterday the dash screen completely went blank. Couldn't see speed limit, etc, scared the car was going to die on me. Pulled over and did a screen reset, but it just reset the NAV screen, about 10 minutes later it randomly came back. Should I take it in or is this just a one off?

Here is a link to the video:
IMG_2111 - Streamable

I wonder if this is also also a 42.2 issue -

I just noticed since couple days ago that my FWD is set to “Always open fully at this location” EVERYWHERE. If I press on the “X” to remove the location, it doesn’t do anything and the banner remains there. This is really getting a bit annoying along with all the usb music mp3 issues.

Pretty scary and we had this happen to us a couple of times this past month. On Version 8 the X actually powered off and coasted to a stop. On Version 9 42.2 the screens blanked out on 2 occasions. No issue with 42.3 but brought the X in to service anyway. They kept the car for about 2 weeks and could not find the issue. They updated to 42.4 and returned the car saying the issue is considered open and to take video or time stamp pictures IF it happens again. Seems like it’s a software bug.

Happend to me a couple of times now. I am on 42.2
AP Still worked. A couple of reboots later it came good.

Attachments

• IMG_6903.JPG
    IMG_6903.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 71
Happened to me as well a week ago. Had my share of random reboots but this time screens went off and never came back. Drove home with no info on the screens and scroll wheel reset did nothing. Had no idea how fast I was going kind of disturbing.

We had this happen to us while driving under NOAP with 42.2.

Recommend you do a "bug report" after the software is back online - to provide additional data in case Tesla is trying to isolate the cause of the crashes.

After major releases, we've seen this type of issue in the past - and usually gets addressed after several updates. 42.2 is still relatively early for the V9 software - and looking forward to our X getting a newer update (our S is running 42.3).