Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash/Screen Goes Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This past weekend took my P85D on my first road trip. About 50 miles into the trip the dash and the screen go dark. I keep driving and about 2 minutes later the dash comes back on and the screen goes through the start up and was back up and running. This is the 2nd time this has occurred in the past month.

Has anyone else had this occur or might know what the issue is?

Brian

This past weekend took my P85D on my first road trip. About 50 miles into the trip the dash and the screen go dark. I keep driving and about 2 minutes later the dash comes back on and the screen goes through the start up and was back up and running. This is the 2nd time this has occurred in the past month.

Has anyone else had this occur or might know what the issue is?

Brian

Depending on the year/date of build of the car, some cars seem to have periodic, random such occurrences. Some get lags or screen freezes that require a reboot to resolve. I don't know how long you've had the car, but I would start keeping a diary of the date/time these incidents occur and then call support and have them compare the car's logs to the diary and see if anything shows up. Sometimes these screen blackouts/reboots are Tesla's fault; something to do with talking to their servers. There was a rash of these server problems about a month ago that affected just about everybody for several hours. My $.02.

M

It's what happens when the system crashes.
Rather than freezing (like Windows) it just reboots itself.
Doesn't affect the core vehicle systems.
Do you know what version of software you're running? Click the Tesla "T" at the top of screen and it should show version number.
Latest version is 2.42.40 I think.