Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash screens are blank, ODO is zeroed out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20150518_080937.jpg

Anybody see this before? I assume I need to reboot, how do I do this and how long does it take?

I have a similar issue, just much worse. My center screen is in a continous reboot loop, the T logo and Tesla shows up, then it goes dark again, and repeats. Called the local Watertown service center and they tell me they are having this issue as well with some cars, great.

A friend of mine with a brand new (1 day old) 70D is having this issue. He was on hold with the 800# support folks for 40 minutes, who told him he was the second person to call. He then called the local SC and they said they are aware of the issue - it's apparently broadly impacting - and that they would call him in the morning to tell him if they are going to bring the car in or if they will be able to fix it OTA.

The car is stuck in a reboot loop... reboot doesn't work. He did NOT try to install new software, etc.

Software Bug hitting tesla cars now

Just got off with roadside assistance since my centre console is constantly rebooting. He said this is a software bug that tesla cars are receiving. Tesla engineering has been working on it for an hour.
am at my destination now, and will check back in 2 hours.
i had just parked after driving, then slacker cut out, and the non-stop reboots of the console.
sent from my iphone

Just got off with roadside assistance since my centre console is constantly rebooting. He said this is a software bug that tesla cars are receiving. Tesla engineering has been working on it for an hour.
am at my destination now, and will check back in 2 hours.
i had just parked after driving, then slacker cut out, and the non-stop reboots of the console.
sent from my iphone
Which version of the firmware (or which update process version if it's the updating itself) are affected?

Roadside assistance just said it was going to all the tesla cars. Mine is a classic 85. I am on firmware2.188
it was not doing an update at the time.

just trying to give everyone a heads-up.
Definitely appreciated; I'm just trying to get clearer information.

"Going to all cars" - The fix or the bug? Well, either way if it's going to all cars and owners aren't being prompted to accept an update -- that might imply an automatic/ninja update. To my recollection they've only done this once in the history of Model S firmware. I hope they don't actually repeat that mistake.

I guess I will have to call Fremont as well. No HVAC, no backup camera, no homelink, never mind nothing to listen to.
I'm kind of getting tired of being an early adopter, with my Dec 2012 Model S in the local service center more than 20 times now, and now this to top it all off.

Might be some issue with the Tesla app API... it's showing both Model S as "Model S" now, instead of by their names...

2015-05-19 00.26.21-sized.jpg

Woke both of them via the app and it then had the names right again.