TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dash screens are blank, ODO is zeroed out

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by RAW84, May 18, 2015.

1. RAW84

RAW84 Member

20150518_080937.jpg

Anybody see this before? I assume I need to reboot, how do I do this and how long does it take?

2. LineofSight

LineofSight Member

Simultaneously press and hold both of the buttons ABOVE the wheel buttons on both sides of the steering wheel. The screen will blank out and reboot itself in about a minute.

3. RAW84

RAW84 Member

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, I just went out to reboot to and it started up fine....must've rebooted itself. But good to know how to reboot.

4. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Awww.. I was thinking that had your ODO REALLY zeroed out (000000) then sell your new car with no depreciation and get another!

5. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

I have a similar issue, just much worse. My center screen is in a continous reboot loop, the T logo and Tesla shows up, then it goes dark again, and repeats. Called the local Watertown service center and they tell me they are having this issue as well with some cars, great.

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

55 rated range, green bar - Odd to have the power limiter in such cases.

7. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

A friend of mine with a brand new (1 day old) 70D is having this issue. He was on hold with the 800# support folks for 40 minutes, who told him he was the second person to call. He then called the local SC and they said they are aware of the issue - it's apparently broadly impacting - and that they would call him in the morning to tell him if they are going to bring the car in or if they will be able to fix it OTA.

The car is stuck in a reboot loop... reboot doesn't work. He did NOT try to install new software, etc.

8. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

Software Bug hitting tesla cars now

Just got off with roadside assistance since my centre console is constantly rebooting. He said this is a software bug that tesla cars are receiving. Tesla engineering has been working on it for an hour.
    am at my destination now, and will check back in 2 hours.
    i had just parked after driving, then slacker cut out, and the non-stop reboots of the console.
    sent from my iphone

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Which version of the firmware (or which update process version if it's the updating itself) are affected?

10. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

Roadside assistance just said it was going to all the tesla cars. Mine is a classic 85. I am on firmware2.188
    it was not doing an update at the time.

just trying to give everyone a heads-up.

11. McMuggets

McMuggets Member

Looks like some people including myself have been unable to access their car with the iPhone app as well. Not sure if it is related but definitely is a reason for people to still carry around their key fobs.

12. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

13. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Definitely appreciated; I'm just trying to get clearer information.

"Going to all cars" - The fix or the bug? Well, either way if it's going to all cars and owners aren't being prompted to accept an update -- that might imply an automatic/ninja update. To my recollection they've only done this once in the history of Model S firmware. I hope they don't actually repeat that mistake.

14. Jintlaw

Jintlaw New Member

Thanks Andrew....that friend is me. Was just told that they are going to try and force an update through tonight (since I cannot update with a dead screen), but they are "working on it."

15. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

I guess I will have to call Fremont as well. No HVAC, no backup camera, no homelink, never mind nothing to listen to.
    I'm kind of getting tired of being an early adopter, with my Dec 2012 Model S in the local service center more than 20 times now, and now this to top it all off.

16. ddimit

ddimit Member

Android App is down as well....
    Mixed messages, sometimes no car associated or account locked or unable to reach..

17. Atebit

Atebit Member

You've just been Continuously Inconvenienced I mean Continuously Improved.

18. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

Just got back from a drive... no issues here. (P85D)

19. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Was driving home and the screen just came up and seems to be working, wondering if this was some kind of malicous attack...

20. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

Might be some issue with the Tesla app API... it's showing both Model S as "Model S" now, instead of by their names...

2015-05-19 00.26.21-sized.jpg

Woke both of them via the app and it then had the names right again.