Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash speaker grill reflection on the windshield as a grid-like pattern - all I see is a reflection of a bunch of dots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone with 2021-2022 Model X experiencing a grid-like pattern reflected on the windshield result of the sun hitting on the dash speaker? That part seems fairly reflective and you can in fact see it while driving in the sun. It's incredibly bad glare all across the windshield. On the top of the dashboard just reflects those little holes from the dash speaker onto the windshield so all I see is a reflection of a bunch of dots. Does this bother anyone else?

I know there are 3 solutions to this ( polarized sunglass, dash mat, paint the grill black), however, it seems not everyone gets this issue. Now I suspect it might be due to faulty glass for the windshield or the supplier's paint issue for the speaker grill. Tesla uses multiple vendors for their parts to avoid parts constraintss. Sometimes these vendors may produce parts with quality issues.

Anyone have insight on this?

Attachments

• IMG_6996.jpg
    IMG_6996.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_6997.PNG
    IMG_6997.PNG
    864 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_7015.PNG
    IMG_7015.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
Is anyone with 2021-2022 Model X experiencing a grid-like pattern reflected on the windshield result of the sun hitting on the dash speaker? That part seems fairly reflective and you can in fact see it while driving in the sun. It's incredibly bad glare all across the windshield. On the top of the dashboard just reflects those little holes from the dash speaker onto the windshield so all I see is a reflection of a bunch of dots. Does this bother anyone else?

I know there are 3 solutions to this ( polarized sunglass, dash mat, paint the grill black), however, it seems not everyone gets this issue. Now I suspect it might be due to faulty glass for the windshield or the supplier's paint issue for the speaker grill. Tesla uses multiple vendors for their parts to avoid parts constraintss. Sometimes these vendors may produce parts with quality issues.

One more photos

Attachments

• 616980E0-C940-4F63-94CB-1C83F7D923C3.jpeg
    616980E0-C940-4F63-94CB-1C83F7D923C3.jpeg
    760.4 KB · Views: 108

Get a dashboard cover. Amazon