Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash speakers removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone knows how to remove the dash and replace the speaker ? It seems like the dash are just clips, a hard pull up ??

Maybe a little more complicated. I followed the service manual for the most part. An inflatable air pry tool was very helpful for incrementally detaching the clips. I took all of the precautions of securing the edge trim pieces with painters tape since they easily bend. Complete removal requires disconnecting the passenger airbag, but I only moved the dash top out of the way enough to remove the speaker mesh and midrange speakers. I used painters tape again to cover the dash and duct holes so nothing would fall into them during the speaker replacement. It’s not a simple process - I did my homework and carefully considered before deciding to take it on.

So just hard pull the front of the dash up and the mesh part can be removed ? I just need to replace the middle speaker, it has so much statics. Is there any bolts that secures the front down ? Thanks for your help
Best to read the service manual. There are several steps that need to be performed in sequence. There are trim pieces, screws and bolts involved. AP hardware has to come out to get to the two large bolts that hold the dash to in place. I don’t recommend taking this on without the service manual instructions, and the right tools and experience.

Best to read the service manual. There are several steps that need to be performed in sequence. There are trim pieces, screws and bolts involved. AP hardware has to come out to get to the two large bolts that hold the dash to in place. I don’t recommend taking this on without the service manual instructions, and the right tools and experience.

I'll do some research before I take on this task, sounds like a lot of work trying to reach that speaker.