Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash wood trim replaced under warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool! Pics? And which one did you go with?

Tim
I drove down to RPM Tesla and they did the install. It took them less than 5 minuets to put it in. Huge improvement
IMG-0990.jpg
IMG-0993.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TBrownTX
I just put it in little tins but you can see it works nice for open pore woods. Used it on the right side again just now and it fills in small scratches and stuff.View attachment 654746
Awesome. I've always used food-grade mineral oil on my butcher block, and Minwax paste finishing wax on my antique furniture, and I was thinking that the combo of mineral oil and beeswax must lengthen the time you need before having to re-treat the butcher block, as the oil tends to dry up quickly by itself.

Reactions: JDMerica
I have to say, the RPM Carbon Fiber Dash Replacement falls firmly in the “you get what you pay for” category. Top notch and it was a 10 min swap max.

That looks great. It would look nice with my MSM I'm going to order. My only question is I wonder if they will be adding door trim pieces now that the new interior has made its way to the M3. You certainly wouldn't want the CF & wood door trim pieces.

Edit: I emailed them and will report back what they say.

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX
Yeah. I’m for sure not at all unhappy o got in before the new door panels. I think they look solid in the white, but more of what I don’t want in the black.

Someone will engineer a fix... matching carbon fiber along the door would likely look incredible tbh. But it may be a wait for RPM or someone similar to come up with the insert etc.

The wood trim on the dash of my now 3 year old Model 3 is showing some major signs of wear. Lots of cracks, some small parts of it seem like the veneer is lifting up slightly. Really starting to look like crap now. Thinking about putting in a service request with Tesla to replace it but I’d want it replaced under warranty. I searched and only found one instance of someone that said Tesla replaced their wood trim under warranty after it was showing signs of premature wear. Has anyone else had Tesla replace the dash wood trim under warranty?

I was considering just wrapping it in vinyl, but the damage is significant enough that I think it would show a little bit under the wrap.
So what happened? I wonder if Tesla will repair them, mine, about 3 years old is also looking pretty bad