Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Wrap - Any Opinions?

Jweiner

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Has anyone installed a dash wrap in their Model 3 to cover up the wood? I can't decide if this would be a good idea. Although I'm not crazy about the wood color, it is wood :). I am referring to something like this:

Model 3 Dash Wrap

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

jkoya

NA2 NSX
Nov 21, 2018
Northern CA
I have the white interior and I wrapped my dash to get rid of the reflection I was getting on the side mirror. I went with Matrix Black instead of Carbon Fiber as I was told it is more of a matte color and less reflective. I removed the dash panel to do the installation.

afadeev

Feb 28, 2019
NYC
Has anyone installed a dash wrap in their Model 3 to cover up the wood? I can't decide if this would be a good idea. Although I'm not crazy about the wood color, it is wood :). I am referring to something like this:
Model 3 Dash Wrap
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I purchased a set to match my center console wrap from Avannex, but haven't gotten to the dash part yet:
Interior Vinyl Kits for Tesla Model 3 - Set of Two*

Dash wrapping is the most tedious of surfaces to do properly.
I also went with faux-CF look, as I have never been a fan of wood inside cars.

The end result is nowhere close to the quality and look of the real CF inlays I have in my ///M3, but is still way better than shiny plastic that comes from Tesla factory in Model 3's.

a

Plug-n-Play

Jul 29, 2019
New York
I went with Matrix Black on the dash, center console, and steering wheel. I honestly thought I was going to do a terrible job but it actually came out well. With the added confidence, I went ahead and did Matrix Black for the chrome delete as well.

All in all, very satisfied with the outcome.

Jweiner

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I was specifically curious about the wrap that "deletes" the wood piece on the dash. I apologize if this has been asked multiple times. My search only came up with center console type wraps.

Nikola Pro

Former Vendor
Aug 28, 2018
San Luis Obispo, CA
Thanks for the share, Plug-n-Play!

Just an FYI we are coming out with an easy to install dash wrap within the next couple weeks. Will also be significantly cheaper than others using the same material

888tom888

Jul 17, 2019
Los Angeles
Bought a REAL carbon fiber dash cover to go over the porous wood that came with my M3P. Got it from Tsportline. Great quality. NOT cheap, but you get what you pay for in life. I"m very happy with it. I'm planning on adding as much Carbon fiber to my car. Just got Matte CF mirror covers. CF interior on the door sills and center console. Again, could of gone cheap but I choose vendors that sold me real CF items. I have an amazing car that I actually bought, so I don't want to go cheap.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC