Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

dashboard askew

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Carl W

2008, #311 thunder gray 1.5
Oct 18, 2016
laguna beach, ca
I just noticed that the driver's side dash panel in my 1.5 roadster is out of position (the lip is completely exposed). I have no idea how long it has been like this or how it could have happened. Possibly it was this way when I bought the car almost 3 years ago, or maybe Gremlins pulled it out recently.

Can someone advise me how to pop it back into position? The panel seems very firmly in place.

I also would like to fix the crack, if possible, and was thinking of epoxy. Welcome thoughts on that, too.

Thanks!

Attachments

• dash pic 1.JPG
    dash pic 1.JPG
    509.6 KB · Views: 75
  • dash pic 2.JPG
    dash pic 2.JPG
    455 KB · Views: 57
Hey Carl, Tesla calls those trim panels the "Upper Door Sills" but they are sometimes also referred to as the "waterfalls" (used to be available in CF):
side-cf-pieces-jpg.5593

There are some removal/reinstallation instructions on the OVMS thread here. Good luck!

Hey Carl, Tesla calls those trim panels the "Upper Door Sills" but they are sometimes also referred to as the "waterfalls" (used to be available in CF):
side-cf-pieces-jpg.5593

There are some removal/reinstallation instructions on the OVMS thread here. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. The instructions seem to be for a 2.0 or later car, so I'm not sure if it's different for mine being that it has my main display in it. Anyway, appreciate the help.

Since its cracked it might completely brake off when trying to remove it if you want stop by my shop on Saturday morning from the pics just looks like it wasn't installed right just not sure if you could make the trip on one charge from Laguna if not I got a 14-50 to give you some charge

Executive Motorwerkz 14117 S Western Ave unit c - Google Search
Executive Motorwerkz
14117 S Western Ave unit c
(323) 577-9706

Since its cracked it might completely brake off when trying to remove it if you want stop by my shop on Saturday morning from the pics just looks like it wasn't installed right just not sure if you could make the trip on one charge from Laguna if not I got a 14-50 to give you some charge

Executive Motorwerkz 14117 S Western Ave unit c - Google Search
Executive Motorwerkz
14117 S Western Ave unit c
(323) 577-9706
That's a great offer. Thanks. You're only 47 miles drive each way, so range won't be a problem. I'm pretty sure I can make it on Saturday morning, though I need to confirm. Any particular time work best for you?

It looks like someone installed it without removing the gauge cluster surround. The small lip fits under the surround, which needs to be taken off first and installed last. Use a plastic weld epoxy rather than a universal epoxy if you want the repair to last.