Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard Clock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried the clock, neat! Thanks Rumbles.

Question: entered the URL yesterday afternoon and when I returned to the car a few hours later the clock had advanced only 30 minutes. It happened both times I parked the car last night. Reasons? I would have expected it to stop completely.

Question: entered the URL yesterday afternoon and when I returned to the car a few hours later the clock had advanced only 30 minutes. It happened both times I parked the car last night. Reasons? I would have expected it to stop completely.

The clock obviously uses CPU cycles to count the seconds, and presumably when the car is off the CPU rate slows way down to conserve energy (it's my thought that the various pumps are what is causing the vampire load, not the CPUs). Only NTP (or an onboard atomic clock) will fix this problem.

I loaded the clock on the demo car at the Topanga Plaza grand opening last night. Every Tesla employee thought it was really cool and they all took out their smart phones and wrote down the URL so they could load it in all of the cars (I bookmarked it for them in this car).

I know somebody in Europe loves the clock. Great job. Kept me thinking about Apple having to pay millions to the owner of the Swiss train clock for copying their design.

Why not let us choose whatever timezone we want/need ? That should fix it for us europeans, but also asians, australians - and anybody else who loves the clock.

The clock obviously uses CPU cycles to count the seconds, and presumably when the car is off the CPU rate slows way down to conserve energy (it's my thought that the various pumps are what is causing the vampire load, not the CPUs). Only NTP (or an onboard atomic clock) will fix this problem.

Or, does the display computer sleep/suspend after N minutes of inactivity?

Dashboard Clock - New & Improved

Hi guys,

Dashboard Clock, the first dashboard application for the Model S, has been updated with new functionality and improved compatibility with the 4.1 Tesla Software release. With this release, you now have:

o Analog Clock
This handsome clock was the genesis for the whole project. Like the site, the clock is designed to compliment the aesthetics of the model S interior.

o Stock Quotes
Track up to dozens of individual equities or indexes for at-a-glance updates.

o US Weather
A quick check of the weather in any US location is a tap away.

o @TeslaMotors News
Keep you finger on the Tesla community by monitoring the TeslaMotors twitter traffic.

o Be our Guest
Each module is configurable and settings can be preserved without the need to create an account or log into the site. Simply use the favorites feature of your browser and your settings will survive even when you computer restarts.

o New Site
Reflecting the expanded role of the application, the site has a new address: dash.time4tesla.com. Come visit and let us know when you think here or on Twitter at @time4tesla.

Cheers,

Rumbles

Folks,

Please take a look at the latest version now at

dash.time4tesla.com

(And the announcement post on this forum.) There have been a number of enhancements including stocks, news and weather. And, most importantly, better support for the fact that cookies are lost when the displays shut down.

Enjoy,

Rumbles

Last edited by a moderator: