Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard Creaking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine has the same creek and its from the frameless window. The next time you're driving and you notice it try tapping the window down very slightly, it usually makes the noise go away. The trick is not going too far down where the window whistles. I'm going to either try to have service take care of it next time the X is there or I'll remove the door panel and adjust the height of the window.

• Informative
Reactions: rocketdallas
mine has the same creek and its from the frameless window. The next time you're driving and you notice it try tapping the window down very slightly, it usually makes the noise go away. The trick is not going too far down where the window whistles. I'm going to either try to have service take care of it next time the X is there or I'll remove the door panel and adjust the height of the window.
FYI, I had a very similar annoying creaking but more from the center of the dash and it was on acceleration and lifting off the accelerator. They had it for a week and oddly enough, the culprit was a worn (right, I think) strut. Ever since not a sound. Would have sworn something was loose under the dash. YRMV. Good luck!