Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard details at Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never charged at a Supercharger yet.

Could someone tell me what the dashboard looks like when you are?
Do you get amps / volts readout? AC/DC?? Just like home charging?
Trying to determine of you know the amperage when at these oases?

I have never charged at a Supercharger yet.

Could someone tell me what the dashboard looks like when you are?
Do you get amps / volts readout? AC/DC?? Just like home charging?
Trying to determine of you know the amperage when at these oases?

image.jpg

What Zex said...also we know from historical posts (and a spreadsheet that I made) that the battery pack config is 74 strings of 96 cells in series. The max cell voltage is 4.2 volts, so this give a max pack voltage of 96*4.2 = 403.2 volts.

- - - Updated - - -

What Zex said...also we know from historical posts (and a spreadsheet that I made) that the battery pack config is 74 strings of 96 cells in series. The max cell voltage is 4.2 volts, so this give a max pack voltage of 96*4.2 = 403.2 volts.

74 x 86 is for the 85 kWh pack, the 60 kWh would also be 96 in series but proportionately fewer parallel strings.

Sorry, I meant 74 x 96, not 74 x 86.

I am taking an educated guess, as a electrical engineer familiar with power systems, that the 60 kWh pack has the same voltage and therefore the same number of series cells as the 85 kWh pack. That way the same chargers and superchargers can be used without changes in efficiency or expanded output voltage range.

The 60 kWh is probably something like 53 parallel strings of 96 cells (5088 cells).

suggestion to indicate SOC while supercharging

When supercharging, Model S should partially light up the brake light strip in the rear window to indicate state of charge. The lit up area progresses from left to right.
Newly arriving Tesla owners can judge, which of multiple cars in a Tesla Station will be finished next.

discuss.

When supercharging, Model S should partially light up the brake light strip in the rear window to indicate state of charge. The lit up area progresses from left to right.
Newly arriving Tesla owners can judge, which of multiple cars in a Tesla Station will be finished next.

discuss.

Brilliant, if technically achievable via firmware update. My guess is it's not. Great idea for future cars though!

discuss.
Excellent idea! I'd even be keen on having the whole set of LEDs blink (slowly) when the battery is completely full.

I would also add that it would be useful if one of the LED sets on the front (such as the LED Daytime Running Light "eyelashes" over one of the headlights) should show the same SOC info when SuperCharging if that level of LED control is available. Rationale: The SuperCharger just added in Normal, IL, is configured so that you have to back into the spots and there's a parking garage wall behind them...so the front LEDs would be the easiest ones to view in those cases.

If that level of LED control is available, your idea is a winner. If it's NOT available on the S, they should definitely consider it for the X and future models...