Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After looking at the app more is appears that Std Access doe NOT include the Advanced Features and those Advanced Features are purchased are a la carte. Suggestion you change the definition of the Standard Access to remove "access to the BEST features" to "access to Core Features" and rename the Features Section to Advanced Features.

Reactions: davidc18 and SG57
@kaczmarczyk , ahh just now am seeing your request for an access code! My bad, here's an access code for everyone granting full access to every feature usable on your actual Tesla vehicle for Saturday-only:

xxxx

To enter an access-code, press and hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds. If you need another access code let me know.

Last edited:
@Casey Nguyen , unfortunately no, there are no current plans to support Samsung Gear. The overhead in expanding to Samsung Gear is massive as the platform is completely different leaving me with very little, if any, reusable source. Android Wear devices are still Android devices, so I was able to leverage everything developed for the mobile app in the wear app to expedite development. This would not be possible with Samsung Gear to my knowledge.

Hey all,

The time has come to release some new features and improvements. A new update is now available, 1.20.6, and it's a big one.

-
screenshot9.jpg

Android Wear Support

You may now monitor and control your Tesla right from your Android Wear devices with complete Android Wear support. You may have any number of Wear devices paired with any number of Tesla vehicles.

Current Wear functionality is limited to basic vehicle and climate controls, but there is a lot more in the works being actively developed to expand upon and improve the Wear experience to better resemble the companion app in functionality.

Rather than delay this release to add more functionality, I ask for your patience as the new Wear functionality is added over time.

Requires the companion app to be installed on your device.

-

screenshot8.jpg

Widget Configuration

You may now configure all widgets styles to better suit your home screen. Due to the nature of home screen wallpapers and the varying levels of contrast, you may opt to use a transparent theme or stick with the windowed theme.

Upon adding a new widget you'll be taken to the widget configuration screen automatically. To modify an existing widget's configuration, go to the Widgets screen in the app and tap the widget's icon from the list.

If you have any useful widget ideas, let me know and we might make it happen!

-

Faster Load Times

Enjoy a better, snappier experience with drastically reduced load times thanks to the following improvements:
  • All vehicle data loading now takes place in the background whenever possible in both the mobile and Wear app
  • All vehicle data requests have been consolidated into a single data request reducing load time, network data usage and extending battery life
  • Vehicle data caching is used to provide data in the interim while data is not available or loading
With these changes in place, you should find you rarely ever will see a load screen past the initial one, and you will no longer be waiting around to view and interact with your vehicle.

-

More Changes

There were many, many more changes, bug fixes and quality of life improvements made across the board, but here are some of the more notable ones:
  • Added a Monthly subscription payment model - $5/month for full access to every feature present and future
  • Renovated Controls screen
  • Moved Summon to its own dedicated dialog
  • Pull-to-refresh functionality is now possible on most every refreshable screen in both the mobile and Wear app
  • Added long-press context menus to stateful command buttons, such as HVAC and Lock/Unlock
  • Added the option to stop showing tips directly from the tip overlay
-

Coming Up
  • Camper Mode / Cabin Temperature Protection merger as discussed here recently
  • Improve Wear support to have more functionality
If you're interested in helping test out these new features coming up and provide feedback, you can now choose to opt into the Dashboard for Tesla Open BETA.

When a new beta version of the app is made available for testing, you can receive the update like normal through the Play Store. You can opt out of the beta at any time.

-

Try It Out

Try things out for yourself, use the following access code to gain full access to every feature available in the app you can use on your actual Tesla vehicle valid Sunday-only:

To enter an access code, press-and-hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds.

-

If anyone should run into any issues or have any questions, I'll be monitoring this thread and the support email closely, [email protected].

Thanks again everyone for your support!

Great looking app, but I am experiencing some issues.
It gets as far as logging in and then freezes up as the Enjoying the app? popup appears, see picture.
Just sent you some feedback through the play store if you want to check it out.
No issues with the regular tesla app.

Galaxy S3 with unrooted LineageOS 14.1, android 7.1.2.

Attachments

• 2017-05-21 13.31.50.png
    2017-05-21 13.31.50.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 45
To everyone who does not believe in subscription models for software, you won't like what is coming because that is the future.

That being said, $5/mo is a pretty absurd price when similar apps have a $10 one time fee. I bought Remote S for iOS for $10 and love it. I'd be willing to pay $10/year or $1/mo for it if it were subscription based.
They can pay 100k for a car but 5 bucks a month, nope... bridge to far :)

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: davidc18 and SG57
@Veggen , okay and every time does the feedback dialog pop up? I suspect the feedback dialog wasn't the cause, it just so happens that one time the feedback dialog was showing.

Can you try to enter the Demo mode on your device? Tap the Demo button on the sign-in screen. See if you can use the app in demo mode or if it only crashes when you actually sign into your Tesla account.

Just looking at the logs, 1 other has had your same issue and it also happened on their Galaxy S3 running Android 7.1 except it happened on the previous build, 1.19.12. If you can answer the questions above I may be able to attempt a fix and get an update out later today.

@sku100 , speed clocking's margin of error is tied to the latency of your internet connection in the vehicle, on your device, and Tesla's servers. However assuming each of these latency is consistent throughout the clocking run, this margin should wash out to near zero as the first and last data received took the same time taken to receive. If you do some testing and conclude things aren't working, I'd be happy to improve it based on what is found.

@Veggen , good to know thanks. So the issue is a pre-existing one and not introduced in the update, that's something positive I guess.

I've researched the issue and I think it's related to cleaning up the media player from the intro video on the sign-in screen, and it only affects older Samsung devices. There is no resolution to the issue, but I can work around it by simply not showing an intro video on the S3. I'll get out an update here in a few minutes with that in place. Once you get the update, give it another shot and report back. If it still crashes, be sure to submit the crash report if offered.

Okay @Veggen, new update is available - 1.20.7. Give it a shot, worst case I've also added better crash reporting so users will now be given the option upon a crash to email me directly with the crash report instead of relying on the inconsistent and troublesome built-in crash reporting.