Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@BerTX , that's an interesting scenario, and I would have never even thought of that. You could essentially create a climate controlled bubble.

Unfortunately I don't know any way to remotely bypass the restrictions Tesla puts on its Start HVAC command or any command for that matter. They have the final say as to whether they should actually go and start the HVAC, etc.

I am curious, when you start the HVAC then open the trunk, are you now able to send a start HVAC command with the trunk open? Or every 30 minutes you need to close the trunk, start HVAC, then open the trunk? Have you considered rolling all the windows down instead? Or leaving all the doors open, or does that have the same restrictions on starting the HVAc as the trunk?

As for USB ports active, are you positive that they aren't active with the HVAC on? Because I've camped twice now where I plugged in my phone and listened to music all night and it was charged fully in the morning, surely if the USB ports were not active my phone would have died. As is, automatic behaviors allows you to schedule any command to run on an interval of a few minutes, granted this lower bound is artificial, I could lower this even more but I don't want to push it. For now you could stagger multiple behaviors that do the same thing to achieve a faster interval.

I'll do some testing on both of these scenarios you've posed, I suspect there may be something we can do here.
The tent hooks to the rear of the vehicle:
upload_2017-6-29_18-47-15.jpeg

I was trying multiple solutions, so I did not do extensive testing, but turning on a/c, then opening the hatch allowed it to run for 30 minutes, then shut off and would not restart with Dashboard. Running Dashboard with Camper Mode on did nothing. -- i.e. start a/c, start camper mode, open the trunk and it would shut off after 30 minutes. Camper Mode did not restart a/c nor did it give any kind of error message.

I don't think the side door being open trew the error, but I'm not certain of that. Just the trunk gave the error that a door was open. A door being open did not.

Fairly certain the USB ports went off after 30 seconds in all scenarios. They would sometimes come on when the car woke up, but the only other Dashboard thing that turned them on was opening the sunroof.

Actually I just realized I was looking at the 12v plug, not the USB ports (12v has a USB adapter in it) so need to retest that...

• Informative
Reactions: SG57
This is a fantastic app, and a life saver while we travel with our pups. Now we can plug in at a SC, turn on camper mode, and keep our pups safe and cool while we eat meals, etc.

The developer has been very responsive, and helped us work through our configuration problems on the fly while we are on the road. Big thumbs up for that kind of support!

I'm missing something with Camper Mode. SG57 has given a couple one-day access codes - this is the feature I would really like.

= Car has plenty of battery
= Battery saving for app is off
= Car is not in "Battery saving" mode
= I am currently in an area of spotty Internet and AT&T connectivity, but I can pull up web pages on the car and connect via Dashboard and the Tesla app.​

What I expected was the AC system to kick in at its current settings within 15 minutes of setting these settings but I can't tell that anything is happening after an hour. The Tesla app says A.C. is off.

I have the below settings. I'm not sure what "Keep HVAC running" (not checked) or "Allow HVAC stopping" (checked) do - all I want to do is maintain a cabin temperature while parked.

Thoughts? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170715-190650.png
    Screenshot_20170715-190650.png
    338.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20170715-190610.png
    Screenshot_20170715-190610.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: SG57
I'm missing something with Camper Mode. SG57 has given a couple one-day access codes - this is the feature I would really like.

= Car has plenty of battery
= Battery saving for app is off
= Car is not in "Battery saving" mode
= I am currently in an area of spotty Internet and AT&T connectivity, but I can pull up web pages on the car and connect via Dashboard and the Tesla app.​

What I expected was the AC system to kick in at its current settings within 15 minutes of setting these settings but I can't tell that anything is happening after an hour. The Tesla app says A.C. is off.

I have the below settings. I'm not sure what "Keep HVAC running" (not checked) or "Allow HVAC stopping" (checked) do - all I want to do is maintain a cabin temperature while parked.

Thoughts? Thank you.

In your send screen shot under "Cabin Temperature Protection" you need to tap the circle icon. When it is in color, the feature is active.

Reactions: SG57 and KArnold
@Babolino , sorry all for the delay in getting the update out. The UI makeover and Wear update is complete, I'm excited to get it out there just fixing a few loose ends, finalizing testing and prepping for release. Barring any blocking issues, expect it no later than friday. There's still more I want to add to the Wear app even after this update goes out, so don't think I'm finished by any stretch.

@s00nr1 , currently only Android Wear is supported, but I've received a lot of interest from users wanting Gear support. It's not impossible, but it will require a lot of re-work as the Tizen platform is entirely different from the Android platform. I was able to re-use a lot of existing source to develop the Wear app so quickly.

@KArnold , I've added more hints/tips to better highlight certain buttons and features that might not be so self-explanatory at a glance. Hopefully that will help that issue for others in the future.

@Drone Flyer , no iOS support as of yet unfortunately. The limitations of the iOS platform are a huge deterrent, a lot of the cool stuff I'm able to do on Android is not possible on iOS without developing a 3rd party remote service to handle background service functionality, but that in itself adds a lot of overhead in terms of security and operating costs. Once I get the Android app to a state where I'm satisfied I've covered most everything I wanted to accomplish on the outset of the app, then I'll start expanding to other platforms. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: KArnold and s00nr1