Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Wattsun , I provide free trial promo codes upon request, so I'll consider that a request.

Use this access code for full access to all the features the app has to offer usable on your actual Tesla vehicle valid Thursday- and Friday-only respectively:
  • Thursday: 3458

• Friday: 1358
To enter an access code, press and hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds when signing in.

If you feel you need more time to try out the app or need anything else just let me know here or through the support email.

-

And as a quick update for everyone, I've been pushing out small updates here and there the past few weeks introducing some handy new stuff as well as bug fixes and quality of life improvements - these are all available in the latest update:
  • Tesla Tips - a new free service I've created to help centralize all the hidden knowledge of our Tesla vehicles I've accrued over the year of owning mine after digging through forums, posts, articles, and other stuff I've stumbled on worth sharing. I think you'll be surprised what all is possible you simply didn't know until reading about it online, plus you all are free to submit your own tips as well if not already listed to help make the collection grow. You can find a link to Tesla Tips in the pull-out drawer menu, or from the About dialog/screen, or click here.

• Speed Clocking History - you can now view past downloaded speed clocking recordings, useful for comparing runs in real time quickly

• Show/Hide Locked Features - you can now opt to hide locked features from the interface so as not to clutter your view with something you don't plan to buy and would rather not keep seeing

• Android Wear Tutorial - added a tutorial to the Android Wear app to help explain what all is possible from your Wear device

• 1-Week Full Access - added a 1-week full access product for cheap so users can opt to try out the app in full for 1-week (7 days) instead of just 1-day if they so choose

Currently, I'm working on my most technically challenging task yet - adding Summon to the Wear app. It's coming along nicely, I'm taking great measures to develop it well and properly with the best error handling and many redundancies in place to make it safe.

Unfortunately however I'm sending my vehicle off for repairs early next week after a woman backed into my parked car 3 weeks ago in the middle-of-nowhere-Idaho, so I will be without my vehicle I use for testing. As such I won't be able to release it until I get my vehicle back and can finish testing, this could take anywhere from 2 to X number of weeks and I won't have a loaner Tesla either. I plan to switch gears once I'm without my vehicle and focus on making the Controls widget more configurable so you can specify which commands you want displayed in the widget, including commands with parameters like set temperatures, set charge limits, etc. You can imagine how useful it could be to adjust your charge limit right from your home-screen through a widget.

Last edited:
@BerTX , perhaps I should have clarified. As-is that setting only hides the advanced charging and advanced climate features if locked.

These features exist on screens that have other stuff on them so it was easy enough to simply hide these controls when locked and the setting unchecked. It will take some more work to go about hiding the speed clocking, automatic behaviors, and wear support screens as those are baked into the navigation menus a bit. That is what you were looking for correct?

@BerTX , perhaps I should have clarified. As-is that setting only hides the advanced charging and advanced climate features if locked.

These features exist on screens that have other stuff on them so it was easy enough to simply hide these controls when locked and the setting unchecked. It will take some more work to go about hiding the speed clocking, automatic behaviors, and wear support screens as those are baked into the navigation menus a bit. That is what you were looking for correct?
Yes, I misunderstood, sorry. Those tabs being there don't bother me, personally. I don't ever see them.

Reactions: SG57
@GTIceman , do you have specifics as to what Power tools does that's unique? If it uses the APIs only then there's no reason not to incorporate it, but as is Speed Clocking has a data collection mode where you are free to collect all data from the streaming API for as long as you want, download the raw data to CSV, plot and graph various metrics against one another.

Does that help?

@GTIceman , do you have specifics as to what Power tools does that's unique? If it uses the APIs only then there's no reason not to incorporate it, but as is Speed Clocking has a data collection mode where you are free to collect all data from the streaming API for as long as you want, download the raw data to CSV, plot and graph various metrics against one another.

Does that help?

Not sure exactly, I believe it pulls something from Tesla that allows a battery usage calculation. People are able to determine the actual power output of the pack.

Any chance I could test the Speed Clocking?

I am currently subscribed to the monthly for all the features and all the features to come and I have to say unlike others the price doesn't bother me for the subscription I think it's reasonable as long as the new features keep coming I'll keep paying gladly. A Samsung Gear S2 app that works with the standalone 3G that doesn't require the phone to be nearby and a Amazon Alexa skill for voice command and they all sync together would be awesome hint hint :) but for the people that want just the Baseline and not all the features one time fee is great but for me I want all the features and all the features to come cuz I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it! Awesome app keep up the good work!

Reactions: GTIceman and SG57
Do you have control/information about door windows ?
If they went down during winter (long press on FOB, or any were not closed for some reason) - the car could in worst case get filled by snow.
Could the app notify/warn about being parked with window(s) not up ?

The "vehicle information" displays a lot of "options" - BS00, BX60 and so on - it would be far more useful if those had a short description.

Indemo mode:
in the "home" view, everytime HVAR or charging is toggled, or any command is sent - a huge popup spawns like something in windows from the 90's , then the battery is "animated" from 0..to 70%" , that's just a "noisy" user interface (I will not even mention the vertical scrolling)

I would use this app in the morning/evening , or especially during winter (which is always dark at this latitude) - so the bright UI is really not easy on the eyes, an stylish, black UI like the original app would be nice - are you going for some redesign/improvements anytime soon ?

As is- I consider using the Tesla app, then having your app do the dirty work in the background (scheduling, warnings etc) - would rather see one both do the job, and look good. :)

Do you have control/information about door windows ?
If they went down during winter (long press on FOB, or any were not closed for some reason) - the car could in worst case get filled by snow.
Could the app notify/warn about being parked with window(s) not up ?

The "vehicle information" displays a lot of "options" - BS00, BX60 and so on - it would be far more useful if those had a short description.

Indemo mode:
in the "home" view, everytime HVAR or charging is toggled, or any command is sent - a huge popup spawns like something in windows from the 90's , then the battery is "animated" from 0..to 70%" , that's just a "noisy" user interface (I will not even mention the vertical scrolling)

I would use this app in the morning/evening , or especially during winter (which is always dark at this latitude) - so the bright UI is really not easy on the eyes, an stylish, black UI like the original app would be nice - are you going for some redesign/improvements anytime soon ?

As is- I consider using the Tesla app, then having your app do the dirty work in the background (scheduling, warnings etc) - would rather see one both do the job, and look good. :)

I asked about the windows some time ago and it seems that is not in the API that Tesla allows this to call from. Same reason we also lost the full sunroof control ability sadly.

I haven't noticed the demo items.

I have asked for a dark theme more similar to Tesla's official app. @SG57 has done an amazing job getting this thing to where it is, adding features, responding to comments and suggestions.

I still use both sometimes as I think Summon should have been included in Dashboard, but I understand some of the other features being optional. The biggest piece I use is the widget.

Sorry for the delay in response time, I'm currently still working to get my Model S in the body shop 300 miles away and simultaneously acquire a rental Tesla.

-

@sku100 , currently the Camper Mode / Cabin Temperature Protection feature requires explicit activation to avoid rogue HVAC control when you are not aware, if that makes sense. This is the first I've heard of wanting the feature to persist across device restart, while technically it could be done it's low-priority at the moment but I'll add it to the list none-the-less!

@GTIceman , if the Power Tools is connecting to the Tesla through a physical connector I'd need to do a feasibility study on how to do that on Android. However if that is possible, I'd love to add support for that. That would be an awesome data logging solution as well, use an old local physical android you leave connected at all times powered by the car running in low power mode logging to a local DB all of the vehicle data with remote DB sync. Neat.

Also, Summon is included in Dashboard albeit not included with Standard Access. The reason for this was honestly the time it took to reverse engineer and safely implement with redundancies and fail safes, in the future as more autonomous features become available I will be bundling them with this summon package. All the same, thanks for your support and feedback all this time.

@Hacksaw , thanks for the kind words and support! I've received a LOT of interest in a Samsung Gear app, it's definitely on my radar and plan to begin development of that in the near future. I'll keep your suggestion in mind to have a stand-alone app not requiring a companion app on your Android device, however billing is managed through Google Play Billing Services which may cause a problem. In the spirit of a stand-alone app and the completely different platform (Tizen vs Android), the Samsung Gear app would likely be a completely separate app from Dashboard for Tesla.

@Ande , unfortunately there is a long list of unsupported commands and vehicle data not supported or exposed by Tesla's servers restricting all remote services from retrieving or using them, be it a mobile app or a web service. Door windows is on that list of unsupported vehicle data not exposed through Tesla's servers so there is nothing any of us can do. Trust if Tesla ever adds support for the status of the door windows, that new data will be utilized in the app ASAP.

I'm actively working to make the vehicle info "Option Codes" display to be more user-friendly.

UI will always be a contentious point trying to balance ease-of-use, pretty design, and functionality. Currently the app is intentionally modal when dealing with vehicle state and the sending of commands, this is because sending an unlock command or a start charge or a start HVAC command is a big deal and you should be aware of the success or failure of that action with a reason why. Admittedly it could be handled less dramatically than a modal dialog perhaps through the use of disabling UI elements and toast messages akin to the home-screen widgets, but this is polish I plan to focus on in detail only once all functionality features are complete. The first polish item on my list is to add a dark theme.

I appreciate your detailed articulate feedback! It's comments like yours that are the driving factor behind development of the app for the past year.

The pricing is super unclear to me - if I buy the standard ($14.99), and buy some/all of the advanced features, do I keep those forever, or are they still billed monthly?
You keep forever what you once payed for. There is no rental fee, as discussed at the beginning. :) This App uses Tesla's servers so there is no "Dashboard for Tesla" server charges.

@SG57, I get the security issues about remotely open windows and sunroof. As with sunroof, now being able to set vent or close, I would like to be able to check and close windows (and trunk).

The other night I left the sunroof fully opened, but to my releaf there was no heavy raining that night. I have now set up an "Automatic Behaviour" to close the sunroof nightly.

Last edited:
@Hacksaw , oh I'm mad alright. I've been stuck driving a ICE rental for nearly 2 weeks now and still don't have an ETA when I can expect my Model S back. It's infuriating considering the woman who backed into my parked car in an empty gas station was completely avoidable and she was only inconvenienced for 30 minutes where as I now fight insurance companies, rental agencies, towing companies, and the coordinating of all of them.

But to your suggestion, I thought about that ages ago and dismissed it as unnecessary but for quality of life purposes I don't see why not. I'll add it in the near future.

@therippa , sorry for the delay in response, my weekends have been busier than usual the past few weeks.

The pricing is as @Waxinator clarified, all one-time purchases are permanently bound to your Google account persisting across all of your Android devices. For clarity's sake, there is a subscription payment model offered that is recurring monthly for full access to the full app and any feature present and future.