Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @SG57
Been meaning to ask this for a while and keep forgetting.
Can the charge level setting be changed so you can set it to some value above 90% but below 100%? There are times that I want to set to 95% and must open the Tesla app to do so. It shows it correctly but won't allow it to be set. It will however allow it to be set at values below 90 such as 85, 75, etc.

Thanks for such a feature rich product!

Last edited:
Reactions: SG57
@MMC- , I am still trying to figure out what can cause the battery heater status indicator to come on, I think it might only happen when plugged-in. Let me know if you see it when not plugged-in. It's winter here, I'll be able to test this a lot until spring.

Also, as for your suggestion I can look into removing the restriction, I only added that restriction because previously attempting to set the charge limit to anything above 90% automatically set it to max 100% without any indication. If this is no longer the case I can easily remove the restriction. I also used to let you pick any percentage and not just in 5% increments, but I found precision of the slider became an issue making selecting exactly what % you want tedious. I can re-design it so this isn't the case as well.

@john pane , in addition to username/password sign in I used to have authorization token sign in support but removed it due to some small conflicts with the remote start command requiring a password. I figured so few people used it I could just remove that edge case altogether by removing it. Still, I suppose I could re-enable it and add protection around the edge case.

Auto-renewing of the authorization token is not implemented in the sense you can leave the app running for a year and expect it to still be signed in. Every time you sign in you're given an authorization token which is then used for all communication, in the event that token expires (every 90 days I believe) you are signed out and instructed to sign back in due to you being unauthorized. Authorization token auto renewal no matter what you do would require remembering your username and password in order to acquire a new token automatically when the last one expires. Can you describe a scenario where authorization token auto-renewal would be beneficial over the existing "Remember Me" functionality on the sign-in screen ?

When Tesla provides an access_token, it also provides expires_in and refresh_token. The refresh_token could be used by the app to obtain a new access token without end-user input. The primary advantage is that the user would not need to provide their username and password to the app or remote site, limiting the damage that could occur due to a security breach. As one simplistic example, a bad actor with username and password could gain control of all the vehicles on the account rather than just the one associated with the app. It also means that if/when a user terminates the relationship with the app it is not necessary to change their username password to ensure a clean break.

• Informative
Heeeelp... :(

Got the app. Love it.

Have almost all the add-ons including advanced climate. And I need it with expected 10 to 0F expected this week. Currently 10F.

Have tried everything on the page hitting every possible place to get heated seats and steering wheel but to no avail. What gives?

Anyone?

Thanks

CBY (Model X 75551)

Thanks MP3,

Hmmm. Advanced climate control? Not sure anymore. Does not control much compared to the car possibilities.

Should remove the icons in the App and document better. One of the main reasons I bought this.
Perhaps the advanced climate control is not as useful as it once was, when those functions were not possible from inside the car. However, those functions can still not be implemented from the Tesla app.

If we proclaim everything on the app useless because you can do the function from inside the car, then the whole idea of remote control is pointless.

@_CBY_ , as stated, it's currently not possible to remotely control the defrosters, seat heaters, steering wheel heater, or windshield wiper heaters. These limitations are detailed in the Help dialog on the Climate screen you can reach by tapping the question mark, "?", button in the top-right of the top action bar. These are limitations by Tesla's APIs, should Tesla add support for any of these you can trust the control for it will be added to the app ASAP.

The Advanced Climate features are Camper Mode and Cabin Temperature Protection, both still have value despite the new Climate Keeper feature on newer firmwares that allow you to keep the HVAC running if the battery is above 20%.

Dashboard for Tesla's Cabin temperature protection feature is still one-of-a-kind, toggling the HVAC on and off to keep the inside temperature within range while maximizing battery life by not running the HVAC constantly but instead toggling it on and off periodically. The Camper Mode feature still has value in that you have more control over when it starts and stops. Both features allow you to set the start and end times and a battery threshold at which point to stop.

@john pane , ah I've seen the refresh token but never saw value in it. You described a valid scenario there, I'll see what I can do and get back to you with my plan.

@GTIceman , while Tesla does have restrictions, there are some cool things we can do still. For example, I just finished adding trunk/frunk open command support. Sadly it requires your car to allow remote actuation, something only Model 3s have at this time.

@MMC- , I am still trying to figure out what can cause the battery heater status indicator to come on, I think it might only happen when plugged-in. ...

Also, as for your suggestion I can look into removing the restriction, I only added that restriction because previously attempting to set the charge limit to anything above 90% automatically set it to max 100% without any indication. If this is no longer the case I can easily remove the restriction. I also used to let you pick any percentage and not just in 5% increments, but I found precision of the slider became an issue making selecting exactly what % you want tedious. I can re-design it so this isn't the case as well.

My prior screen shot was while driving. I've never seen it while plugged in and I have looked for it. :)

On the 95 % I can set it with the Tesla app and then see that 95 % in your app. The car does indeed charge to 95 %. Screen shot attached.

Screenshot_20171211-230733.png

Last edited:
@MMC- , just put out an update allowing you to set the charge limit to 95%.

Also, the update has open trunk/frunk command support in the mobile app and Wear app if your vehicle firmware supports actuating your trunks. It can be found on the Controls screen. I know Model 3s support this, but I have yet to see a model S or X support this.

Last edited:
Also is Dashboard able to use the new battery preconditioning feature?
I'm not sure there is anything to do to make this work. The battery conditioning turns on when climate control is turned on. You can turn on climate control from Dashboard. The update to the Tesla App was to add the indicator for the battery heater -- which Dashboard already has.