Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: hiroshiy
Is the summon feature for Android Wear coming anytime soon?:D Would happily buy acces to Android Wear support solely for that reason, and would think others would as well. It would be the ultimate future car tech showof!
Because ANYBODY can summon their car with their phone, so we need to do it with a watch? And who wears a watch anymore, anyway?;)

Reactions: SG57
Because ANYBODY can summon their car with their phone, so we need to do it with a watch? And who wears a watch anymore, anyway?;)
I do like my Fitbit Iconic for health tracking ... side benefit is it does tell time.

Re: Tesla car summon on watch -- James Bond Complex <grin> (PSYCHOANALYSIS: a related group of emotionally significant ideas that are completely or partly repressed and that cause psychic conflict leading to abnormal mental states or behavior.)

My Dashboard for Tesla is really working well to charge my X. This is what it typically does.
Y0VDNXv.jpg

Reactions: BerTX
@JohnO2 , actually Wear summon support is nearly done, though I admit it's been in that state for at least a month as priorities shift and other low hanging fruit move up, but trust Wear summon & HomeLink support is coming soon. I want to be able to move my car from my watch, if only on principle. It seems so James Bond-esque it must be done.

And as an update, I've finished a refactor of the location screen's interactive map - it now has its own dedicated activity as a workaround for Samsung users experiencing intermittent flashing or crashing. There was more to it than just this, but you'll see those changes once it's released within a day or so.

@marke08 , that's certainly strange.

In an effort to keep this thread less noisy to other users, I've created a support topic for us with my follow-up line of questioning and troubleshooting on the official Dashboard for Tesla support forum here:

Charging stops early by 2%

To reply, you must create a forum account - it's free and supports social media logins. If you'd prefer not use the support forum, I'm happy to provide support over email as well. I've received your previous emails and will reply to them as needed.

I noticed you have removed the power display on the charging screen.
I found that was very informative when charging and pre-heating to see what was going on.
Could you please consider putting it back in?
Thanks for a great app and support.

@Waxinator , try now. There is one outstanding issue with serving mixed HTTP and HTTPS content due to user gravatar URLs, I'll resolve it later this evening.

@Veggen , yes I moved the real-time power reading to the location activity next to the speed. I removed the estimated battery drain calculation altogether, it's an estimate based on an educated guess at what the rated Wh/mi is per model per battery pack / configuration. I can bring it back, but it's not the most reliable and more of a ballpark number than anything.

Reactions: Waxinator
@SG57 Feel free to ignore my question all together. I thought charging would work like a cell phone where it charges to full battery then maintains until unplugged. I work from home so i don't drive everyday.

In reality, it charges to full, stops, then vampire drain starts causing me to see lower battery percentages when i get in the vehicle 2 days later.

Sorry for raising an alarm for nothing.

@JohnO2 , actually Wear summon support is nearly done, though I admit it's been in that state for at least a month as priorities shift and other low hanging fruit move up, but trust Wear summon & HomeLink support is coming soon. I want to be able to move my car from my watch, if only on principle. It seems so James Bond-esque it must be done.

And as an update, I've finished a refactor of the location screen's interactive map - it now has its own dedicated activity as a workaround for Samsung users experiencing intermittent flashing or crashing. There was more to it than just this, but you'll see those changes once it's released within a day or so.
How about some love for the Samsung Gear S2 watch been months and no updates on when the app for it is coming

@SG57 it looks like you've been busy.
After yesterday's update my widgets suddenly stopped working. I was too tired to get online and check what was happening last night. This morning I see the app updated again overnight and my widgets were gone. I reinstalled the widgets this morning and all is good again! I keep the charge widget on my home page, next to the time for quick reference and the controls widget on the second page for easy access. I like the clear background on my home page and the gray background on the controls. It looks great!

@marke08 , ah of course. Yes the vehicle simply stops charging once it reaches its limit, any drain from then on is taken from the battery. I believe the battery heater though comes from the charger still while connected, not from the battery itself, but I could be wrong there.

-

@sku100 , indeed I have been.

There was quite a lot network security improvements in the latest version, most notably is certificate pinning to all of Tesla's services. This ensures your connection is private when sending or receiving sensitive data to and from Tesla's servers stopping a vast majority of man-in-the-middle attacks.

These improvements caused a domino effect calling for a consolidation and refactor of network-related code which caused a few backwards compatibility issues. I extensively tested and fixed all of them, however there was one regarding Widgets that simply couldn't be avoided impacting only some Android launchers out there, this is likely what you encountered. Widgets are special since they are really more like plugins read into another app, in this case a launcher, so worst case a simple remove and re-add of a widget will correct things this time around.

Anyway, good news is this type of refactor was done future-proof and really shouldn't be needed ever again, sorry for the inconvenience.

-

@Hacksaw , sorry for the delay, Gear interest has been frequent and mounting as time goes on. It's a platform I'm serious about expanding to, especially with half the work already done by using the preexisting Wear support's service. It comes down to logistics at this point, it'll be a sizable workload to bite off when the time comes and I don't plan on stopping it once started since context switching only delays everything. I will get the mobile app into refinement mode then tackle Gear support, where refinement mode means Wear support finished.

Wear summon support has been delayed a few times, the recent location screen extraction to its own activity took precedent as more and more Samsung users were hit with flashing screens due to a Samsung-only bug with map views located inside view pagers.

The recent network security improvements took precedent as well, it also included important reliability fixes to background services caused by Android Oreo's new background execution limits.

I'll be back working on Wear summon support here soon, good news is there really isn't much left to be done there either.

@SG57 - I see you when we fist loaded the app it shows our 75d most likely is a candidate for the service upgrade. After counseling out of it, it doesn't appear to come back. Am I missing something? Is me diagnostic base off of the vehicle's PT BMSISENSORPROTOCOL reporting a value number greater than 3? ... Or something else.
Thx

@hill , if you dismissed the performance upgrade candidacy message it will not show again for 30 days. I plan to add a candidacy check to the Settings screen so you can perform this check at your leisure. The message itself when tapped isn't anything too special, it displays a dialog informing you of the potential for uncorking and offers a Tesla support phone number to call and inquire about if you're eligible.