Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reinstalled the app on the watch after the last update, and now it keeps crashing before I even get it open. Won't let me send report either, just says that no apps can do this when I hit the reportbutton.
Works fine on the phone.

Attachments

• 15211555633521815670115.jpg
    15211555633521815670115.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 67
@JohnO2 , yikes that's no good. I'll take a look right now.

As for the inability to send the crash report, it's likely saying it can't find an app to report because your watch doesn't have an app capable of sending email. I'll update the app to provide a fallback in this case so you can at least share the crash data, such as over text message.

@Siggy101 , I plan to add more conditions to automatic behaviors with the vehicle status (which includes vehicle location) being one of them. This would allow you to configure geofencing on your own, such as once an hour check if your vehicle location is within a X meter radius of your home, if so set the charge limit to 50% if not already set.

As of right now I'm committed to finishing Wear Summon support before other feature improvements.

@GatorGuy , oh wow that's a significant amount. Do you have any background services enabled, such as smart charging, automatic behaviors, home screen widgets, Wear devices, etc.?

What's the average outside temperature where you're at? Are you plugged at all during the 24 hours? Is the car stationary or is it moved some times during the 24 hours?

What firmware is your Tesla running? Does it have the climate keeper feature that allows you to keep the HVAC running after getting out of the vehicle?

What battery size is your vehicle? On a 75D with max range ~250 miles, 15% would be ~37 miles over a 24 hour period which would roughly equate to running the HVAC for a day at room temperature-ish.

I may be way off on this so just a guess, but if you recently upgraded your Tesla firmware and gained the climate keeper feature you also received a hidden change in remote HVAC activation behavior. Previously when remotely starting the HVAC it would turn off automatically after 30 minutes, with the newer firmware this is no longer the case. It will run indefinitely until you start the car, turn it off remotely, or the car battery drops below 20%. I frequently turned the HVAC on for lunch and forgot about it for hours only to find significant drain by the time I did go out to the car.

Yeah, that change on the app from 30 mins HVAC activation to it staying on until turned off could well be the cause here, but it was implemented a long time ago in Tesla-time.
I'm interested to see where this one goes as I had to stop using TeslaFi due to vampire drain / the car never sleeping that the dev never did get to the bottom of. The only solution was stop using TeslaFi.
(popcorn)

• Informative
Reactions: SG57
@Siggy101 , I believe there's a bug with the newer firmwares that have this climate keeper change where the HVAC does not turn off after 30 minutes. The smart preconditioning feature in the car that automatically turns the HVAC on/off based on common departure times but I don't think it ever actually turns it back off in the event you do not use the car. This needs more testing, but could explain why some users are seeing vampire drain sporadically.

@Babolino , interesting idea. I like it, but yes the gesture would need to be quite complex with some safeguards to protect against erroneous trunk actuating commands in the middle of the day. Definitely worth exploring sometime!

• Informative
Reactions: Siggy101
@scottf200 , that's good idea and has been requested before, also it really isn't that difficult or time consuming to add. Only reason I haven't thrown it in there yet is I honestly plan to update the controls widget to support complete customization of the commands it presents, this would allow you to essentially create the widget yourself.

I'll see about adding it as an exception in the next release.

Reactions: hiroshiy
@scottf200 , that's good idea and has been requested before, also it really isn't that difficult or time consuming to add. Only reason I haven't thrown it in there yet is I honestly plan to update the controls widget to support complete customization of the commands it presents, this would allow you to essentially create the widget yourself.

I'll see about adding it as an exception in the next release.
Now that would be amazing! I was wondering when that feature would be coming. Glad to hear your working on it

Reactions: scottf200
I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with accidentally re-setting the climate control temperature setting while swiping through pages in the app? I have done it several times and caught it when it happened, but a couple of times I have been driving along and realized the driver side temp was set to 81 and the passenger still set to 70.

I have the same issue to a lesser extent when swiping past the Controls page. I know that is a problem, so I move up and swipe across the tabs menu at the top. I guess I need to train myself to do that all the time.

Just wondering if anyone else has this finger-fumble.

Reactions: SG57
I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with accidentally re-setting the climate control temperature setting while swiping through pages in the app? I have done it several times and caught it when it happened, but a couple of times I have been driving along and realized the driver side temp was set to 81 and the passenger still set to 70.

I have the same issue to a lesser extent when swiping past the Controls page. I know that is a problem, so I move up and swipe across the tabs menu at the top. I guess I need to train myself to do that all the time.

Just wondering if anyone else has this finger-fumble.

I've done this a few times. So use to just swiping wherever my finger is. :)

@scottf200 , the starting and stopping is it throttling the charging. This can happen when the charge rate setting (20.9 in your case) is too much lower than the actual charge rate it experiences. This charge rate setting is a rolling average over time as more and more actual charge rates are experienced, but you can adjust it immediately by changing the setting yourself leaning towards a higher charge rate (say 22.0).

@scottf200 , the starting and stopping is it throttling the charging. This can happen when the charge rate setting (20.9 in your case) is too much lower than the actual charge rate it experiences. This charge rate setting is a rolling average over time as more and more actual charge rates are experienced, but you can adjust it immediately by changing the setting yourself leaning towards a higher charge rate (say 22.0).
FYI, that I've been charging this cars since mid-Dec and so I would think the 'rolling average over time' (days? weeks? months?) charge rate may not be working as well as it could then. You can see from my TeslaFI info that the 'avg Voltage' doesn't change much. HTH explain.

I guess I could manually change it but thought you may want to tweak something if users can provide some samples.