Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I fix the service error below. It is unclear to me. The app appears to be working otherwise.
In settings, I can revoke the token auth. I don't see how it gets reestablished. This process should be clearer.

oI5vfrg.jpg
>> I'm still getting this after being notified of a new version, as well as signing out and signing back in.

OZgvKWw.jpg

>> Also, I cannot register on the support forum because of this error.
aN1MM0B.jpg

Reactions: SG57
I made the mistake of trying to get sound with my notifications. Unfortunately I got a sound every 15 minutes when the temperature was checked regardless of 6 it started cooling or not. No HVAC alerts are enabled.

So I tried turn it back to medium (no sound) on General, Vehicle, and Background.. But the sounds continued. My only solution was to disable notifications for Dashboard at the Android level - now I get nothing which is not what I want. I'd love to have my silent notifications back.

Wrote to support but got no response. I thought of changing the notification sound to "silent" (a downloaded sound) but I don't see a sound choice in the app.

Any ideas?

• Informative
Reactions: SG57
@scottf200 , sorry for the delay thanks for your report.

Registration should now be fixed.

To the issue you've been seeing, I've been at work attempting to resolve that exact issue. Turns out this issue impacts the official Tesla app as well and is a bug recently introduced by Tesla server-side. The root of the issue is on Tesla's server-side with the streaming tokens being served by Tesla are invalid at times with no clear reason or solution.

I have put protections in place to help work around this API issue in the meantime and will have a release out soon that includes this fix plus a few other features I've had completed, like Wear vehicle selection support, but couldn't get around to releasing trying to resolve the streaming token issue.

-

@KArnold , notification behavior such as whether you receive them and the sound played is managed through Android's notification settings. I will try to reproduce your issue and see if it's a problem with the app or if it's an Android OS bug. You're saying you put a sound on the Background notifications group, it worked but was annoying, then removed the sound but it continued to make a sound? What Android version? Any luck after a device restart etc.? Sorry for the inconvenience.

-

@forkee , sorry for the delay in Tizen OS support but it is next on the road map just as soon as the remaining bugs and small feature requests for the Android mobile app are complete so I can commit to a whole new platform (Tizen OS) and not lose focus.

You're saying you put a sound on the Background notifications group, it worked but was annoying, then removed the sound but it continued to make a sound? What Android version? Any luck after a device restart etc

Right. Turned on sounds on notifications and cannot turn them off regardless of Dashboard settings. I had to disable Dashboard in Android from any notifications. I'd prefer to have my silent notifications back. No change with restart of phone.

Android 8.0.0, Verizon Samsung Galaxy s7.

Is this app designed to work with the Model 3? A lot of the features I've tried so far (battery current, location app, speed clocking, etc) respond with "Failure due to vehicle offline (0x39)" even when the car is on and driving.

I'm having trouble connecting but mine says 0x38 (vs 0x39 above)?!?! Note that the normal Tesla Android app connects just fine.

DmriuMO.jpg