Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Gig103 , sadly no, the official Tesla API's do not expose (that we know of) the ability to change the driver profile remotely. That would be very useful, configuring the vehicle for your use later is the crux of the app in the first place! Trust if Tesla does expose that functionality I'll be adding it ASAP, in the meantime maybe leave a phonebook in the seat and adjust your wife's profile accordingly ;)

@Casey Nguyen , thanks for your support! Sad to hear you are unable to get Summon and Homelink working, can you provide more details on your situation? For Homelink to work, it requires your Tesla to be within range of the homelink receiver (garage), and you must associate in the Tesla's software itself the specific homelink connection you want to use for summon. These are limitations I cannot change, but I'll add a help dialog describing these requirements in the app to aide others. Let me know if that helps!

@Gig103 , sadly no, the official Tesla API's do not expose (that we know of) the ability to change the driver profile remotely. That would be very useful, configuring the vehicle for your use later is the crux of the app in the first place! Trust if Tesla does expose that functionality I'll be adding it ASAP, in the meantime maybe leave a phonebook in the seat and adjust your wife's profile accordingly ;)

@Casey Nguyen , thanks for your support! Sad to hear you are unable to get Summon and Homelink working, can you provide more details on your situation? For Homelink to work, it requires your Tesla to be within range of the homelink receiver (garage), and you must associate in the Tesla's software itself the specific homelink connection you want to use for summon. These are limitations I cannot change, but I'll add a help dialog describing these requirements in the app to aide others. Let me know if that helps!

Let me specify that I have tech package but it's a non ap car. I purchased mainly for Homelink. Homelink is programmed and working. But I don't see the option in the app to open/close

Reactions: SG57
@Casey Nguyen , if the option is not available in the app, then your Tesla is reporting that it does not support Summon. What year and model do you have? I think Summon is only supported on Tesla's with autopilot hardware because it uses that to automatically steer and detect objects in the way when summoning forward/backward. If you'd like, try to summon using the official Tesla Motors app. If it works there, but not here then I definitely have an issue I need to correct!

@Casey Nguyen , if the option is not available in the app, then your Tesla is reporting that it does not support Summon. What year and model do you have? I think Summon is only supported on Tesla's with autopilot hardware because it uses that to automatically steer and detect objects in the way when summoning forward/backward. If you'd like, try to summon using the official Tesla Motors app. If it works there, but not here then I definitely have an issue I need to correct!
I'm wondering if he has the original tech package that includes home link, nav, folding mirrors, power liftgate, etc. In that case, he would not have summon, but he would have the home link controls. Not sure if the latter is exposed without the former.

@HankLloydRight & @supratachophobia , looking into this further, it makes sense that both Summon and HomeLink require Tech Package with Auto Pilot hardware. The tech package requirement is just a software limit on Tesla's end. The auto pilot hardware requirement is for steering and spacial awareness while moving for safety. But for HomeLink, that feature is not directly exposed through the API, instead the HomeLink you have associated in your Summon settings is. In order to change these settings, you need a valid Summon setup. This places the same requirements upon HomeLink as Summon. I have tested on a non-tech package, AP-hardware vehicle trying to summon and use the HomeLink regardless of if supported or not, but it always fails (as expected cause the software limit from Tesla).

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
Hi there @SG57 so I have been using Teslafi.com for a while and really liking it, however apparently he's figured out that he wants to charge and is going to be the same cost as your app. Does your app currently, or will it have a companion website where we can log in and see past data?

If yes, then I'll likely check it out, as it'll be the same cost as TeslaFi.com but also have an app :)

Guys guys. Just had a crazy idea. @SG57, do not attempt to implement this until you've thought really hard about it. And I dont want to distract you from the "done-charging-by-this-time" feature you are working on. BTW, fingerprint still working fantastically.

Route planning from the app. What's that you say? You can't upload a route to the NAV because it isn't accessible in the API? Correct, but the calendar is. I've seen this trick done separately/manually, but since this app seems to be everything plus the kitchen sink, I thought I'd bring it up. Basically, you let someone plan a route via the app that breaks down each supercharging stop to the destination leg. It then inputs that as a calendar event to sync with the phone app to the calendar app. This way, you can take detours and add/delete charging stops on the fly without putting in a new destination manually every time. So if you wanted to drive from Ohio to Missouri, you "plan" your route on the app, it syncs the following events to the calendar:

Current Location to Dayton
Current Location to Indy
Current Location to Terra Haute
Current Location to Effingham
Current Location to St. Louis

And if you decide to detour and see the giant yarn ball or the world's tiniest tractor, you are literally one click away from getting back to your route and seeing if you can make it to the destination or if you can skip a stop. I'm going to try this method manually over the holidays and see if it's actually a useful to plan trips. I suspect it is because it's conforming the trip around your schedule and not the other way around (not the car's fault, it just wants to charge and doesn't know any better).

• Informative
Reactions: GTIceman and SG57
@Xenius , hey there, thanks for stopping by. While not finished, there is a web-facing companion app in the works to go along with the Data Logging feature, also in the works. You may configure and view logged data from within the app or through the web. I likely won't be tying the service to the app, but the app will interface with the service perfectly. I don't particularly like giving time estimates, but no later than Q1 2017.

@supratachophobia , you just like putting me to complex, specialized work testing my abilities, don't you :rolleyes: The idea is a definite possibility, the Calendar scheduling is exposed through the API, but I'll need to investigate it further to better understand its feasibility and value before I make a commitment. The results of your tests will prove valuable if you can provide those afterwards!

• Helpful
@ddimit , thanks for your support! I definitely have Android Wear (and its variations) on the roadmap for the future, it'll be an excellent companion to the app on your phone.

@number12 , thanks for stopping by. iOS support is on the road map in the far future, I have a lot of great ideas I'd like to see realized on Android to my satisfaction before I expand and commit time to another platform.

-

Hey all, you know the drill by now - a new build has been released with some neat new features, improvements, and bug fixes.

Charging Update

charge_upgrade1.jpg

I noticed some untapped potential in the charging data exposed in the latest APIs, so I've decided to make use of it.

When available, you will see your last charge session's metrics for energy and range added. You will also see a precise snapshot of the current battery draw in kW/h and rated mi/hr or km/hr. This can be useful to determine the exact battery drain imposed by running the HVAC system idling, for example.

Plug-In Reminder
(Advanced Charging)

An exclusive feature that honestly... just makes sense. We all have done it before - woke up only to find out the charging cable doesn't need removing because well, you forgot to plug it in last night! Now you hang your head low all day knowing with a hint of range anxiety.

Not anymore- when enabled, you'll now be reminded via a notification and vibration at your desired time of the plugged-in status of your Tesla.

Fun fact, this is a feature I could have used literally 1-day before I finished it. Doh. Getting home with 10 miles left because I forgot to charge is unsettling!

Requires your device to stay powered on, and requires both your Tesla and your device to maintain internet connection at the time of the reminder.

Camper Mode Start Time

camper_mode3.jpg

A little more love for Camper Mode, you can now schedule a start time along with the end-time and battery percentage check. All in the spirit of preserving battery range when camping.

Camper Mode must be enabled for the options to take effect, and you'll know Camper Mode is enabled if the button is filled in purple and a permanent notification is in your status bar. My philosophy is for you to always know if your Tesla is scheduled to automatically do something.

Requires your device to stay powered on, and requires both your Tesla and your device to maintain internet connection.

Coming Soon
  • Smart Charging

Thanks for all your support and amazing feedback! A lot of these ideas are only possible because you guys thought of them, so if you have a great idea - pitch away.

Feel free to use the 1-day access code 2404, valid Monday-only for full access to all features usable on your own Tesla. To enter the access code, press-and-hold the Sign-In button for 3 seconds.

Cheers

Last edited:
@Plug it in & @supratachophobia , currently it does not support auto-refresh in the sense the data you're looking at may change on you at any time, instead it will refresh automatically on view navigation if it's been longer than a minute since last refresh. This keeps battery usage down and data usage lite and not-so-stale. This also keeps the current view's state constant, so you aren't going to turn the HVAC off and accidentally turn it on because it turned off automatically due to the auto refresh just as you went to click it.

Still, I've assessed the feasibility of an auto-refresh mechanic with some safe guards to protect against scenarios like above, and I believe I can implement it without a loading screen so your view is seamless, and as an optional setting so you can still use the current behavior if you so choose. The auto-refresh frequency would be configurable with the more frequent meaning more data usage and consequently more battery life drain.

I'll add it to the list, thanks!

And interesting note on the vampire drain, I'm observing a 0.1 kw, or 0.3 mph, while my model S is sleeping outside, currently 50 F outside temp.

Last edited:
  • Informative