Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: SG57
@hiroshiy , I now use app bundling to deliver the app through the Play Store. This is brand new and basically means Google is now building the final artifact when you download the app, this is useful for condensing the size of the resources to download to only what your device will use.

In saying that, I've noticed a few times where Google will push an app update automatically without my knowledge or approval, likely for minor bug fixes introduced by the app bundling process that's outside my control on their side. This is likely what caused the Play Services to cease to function temporarily. Hopefully these stay rare speed bumps on Google's side.

-

@vletnguyen - 2.1.24 has the front and rear trunk actuate commands on the Controls widget now. So many commands, so little real estate.

I'll be re-doing the Controls widget soon to support different sizes and laying out commands according to the real estate given, also soon the user can choose to add or remove the commands they want from the widget outside the pre-configured selection as it is now.

Also in this release outside minor bug fixes is an alternate sign in method using access bearer token, and media controls have been added to the Wear app. :cool:

I absolutely love this app! It's well worth the cost.

BUT I still cannot get silent notifications. I once set them to notify with sound and now I cannot get back to silent notifications regardless of the settings. That includes obviously setting the Dashboard setting to "medium - no sound" and not notifying except for major actions - it will beep when charging is scheduled or inside temperature is checked, something like every 10 minutes even if no action is taken. I have to disable Dashbord notifications totally in the android settings. Galaxy S7, stock Verizon android 8.0. A minor nit, all things told. Still a great app!

@vletnguyen - 2.1.24 has the front and rear trunk actuate commands on the Controls widget now. So many commands, so little real estate.

I'll be re-doing the Controls widget soon to support different sizes and laying out commands according to the real estate given, also soon the user can choose to add or remove the commands they want from the widget outside the pre-configured selection as it is now.

Also in this release outside minor bug fixes is an alternate sign in method using access bearer token, and media controls have been added to the Wear app. :cool:

looks great.. user customization would be nice too. THANKS!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181104-162012_Nova Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20181104-162012_Nova Launcher.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 91
@KArnold , ah that's certainly strange. The fact it didn't have sound until you added it and now you can't remove it seems like an Android setting issue.

I think there is a way to reset only notification preferences for an app through the Android settings app.

Sorry all for the delay in communication, been a crazy busy end of year.

@hiroshiy , very weird, I haven't touched Billing services for a very long time so any failures are likely environmental elsewhere. What's devices brand and model again? I'll do some research and report back. The main issue outlined everywhere I see is simply outdated Google Play Services or Play Store versions and updating tends to fix it. The Play Store does not always show available updates though as Google uses a percentage-based rollout plan so it's always worth checking every now and then if an update is available.

Only other thing I can think of is I recently moved to use Android Bundles which makes Google generate the final app that gets served to your device with only the resources needed for that device. I've noticed this causes issues for users that install the app not through the Play Store, and since Google is generating the final artifact it is bound to have some kinks on odd devices here and there in which case it is on Google to fix (I cannot go back to not using Bundles and soon, only Bundles will be supported).

-

@GTIceman , currently the Trim Designer dialog is purely for fun, it does not persist any changes to your vehicle although this is a cool idea and should be easy enough to implement, thanks!

-

@TjckTock , there is a known issue affecting Model 3 owners where the telemetry streaming API connects to the vehicle and immediately disconnects. Without this API, the app is unable to collect vehicle data in real-time and thus speed clocking will not work.

This issue does not affect other Tesla models, even users who have multiple models on their account see it working for all models except their Model 3s. I have put a lot of effort into debugging the issue with a few others but as far as I can tell so far this is an issue with Tesla's servers

Case in point, even the official Tesla app fails to stream live vehicle data. I would love to be proved wrong here so I welcome everyone to try yourself, use the official Tesla app and try to track your vehicle's location while driving. Carefully watch to see if your vehicle's position updates immediately (<0.5 second per update) and shows its current speed then absolutely please send me log email so I can investigate further. You can send a log email by going to the Settings screen and near the bottom under the Advanced section is the "View Logcat" menu item with a "Send to Developer" button.

@Kacey Green , this issue is the same as above, the battery current relies on the telemetry streaming API in order to access the current power of the battery.

@hiroshiy , very weird, I haven't touched Billing services for a very long time so any failures are likely environmental elsewhere. What's devices brand and model again? I'll do some research and report back. The main issue outlined everywhere I see is simply outdated Google Play Services or Play Store versions and updating tends to fix it. The Play Store does not always show available updates though as Google uses a percentage-based rollout plan so it's always worth checking every now and then if an update is available.

Only other thing I can think of is I recently moved to use Android Bundles which makes Google generate the final app that gets served to your device with only the resources needed for that device. I've noticed this causes issues for users that install the app not through the Play Store, and since Google is generating the final artifact it is bound to have some kinks on odd devices here and there in which case it is on Google to fix (I cannot go back to not using Bundles and soon, only Bundles will be supported).

-

@GTIceman , currently the Trim Designer dialog is purely for fun, it does not persist any changes to your vehicle although this is a cool idea and should be easy enough to implement, thanks!

-

@TjckTock , there is a known issue affecting Model 3 owners where the telemetry streaming API connects to the vehicle and immediately disconnects. Without this API, the app is unable to collect vehicle data in real-time and thus speed clocking will not work.

This issue does not affect other Tesla models, even users who have multiple models on their account see it working for all models except their Model 3s. I have put a lot of effort into debugging the issue with a few others but as far as I can tell so far this is an issue with Tesla's servers

Case in point, even the official Tesla app fails to stream live vehicle data. I would love to be proved wrong here so I welcome everyone to try yourself, use the official Tesla app and try to track your vehicle's location while driving. Carefully watch to see if your vehicle's position updates immediately (<0.5 second per update) and shows its current speed then absolutely please send me log email so I can investigate further. You can send a log email by going to the Settings screen and near the bottom under the Advanced section is the "View Logcat" menu item with a "Send to Developer" button.

@Kacey Green , this issue is the same as above, the battery current relies on the telemetry streaming API in order to access the current power of the battery.
Mine is a Model X P100D now

@Kacey Green , that's very interesting. What year and month was it made? I wonder if it has less to do with model and more to do with latest hardware / software. I can definitely take a closer look at it if other models are reporting similar issues. I'll try again.
Went from a 2016 Model S 90D to 2018 Model X P100D (built late August) it has AP 2.5 and the Intel MCU

I have a S75D also build August 2018. The problem with newer cars is that it now use 5 seconds to update. The same problem occurs with "LinkMyTesla" which is not working due to this, according to the developer. You can also see this if you are using "Remote S For Tesla" where the updates now comes in each 5th second.

This is from the Danish developer og LinkMyTesla:

I would point out that there have been people who have reported that they have not been able to make LinkMyTesla work with newer cars. This is because some new Teslaer do not support the streaming feature that LinkMyTesla relies on. Why Tesla has chosen that some newer cars do not have to support this function, I am not sure, but if you have previously used Tesla's mobile application, then you will also see that it now only updates about every 5 seconds, rather than several times in the second, as it once did.

@Mobile3228 , wow. I suspected it was just a bug or incomplete feature on the newer cars on Tesla's end. I didn't think they'd end support for it altogether. That's brutal, wonder if the old HTTP streaming endpoint works on newer models.

I have hope this isn't the case though, the official Tesla app still tries to show the speed (MPH) on the location screen, something only available through the streaming telemetry API. Definitely keep me posted if anyone has any updates, I'll look into it further myself.

-

-

Hi, I just uninstalled the app and re-installed with one week full access. It worked perfectly. Is it possible, @SG57 , to re-activate (?) my account?