Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry all for the delay in communication, been a crazy busy end of year.

@GTIceman , currently the Trim Designer dialog is purely for fun, it does not persist any changes to your vehicle although this is a cool idea and should be easy enough to implement, thanks!

Thanks. I would love to be able to save the change at the very least. I paid good money for my blue car ha. Also, sorry if this was addressed but does this app work as the phone key or do I still need the official app running?

Reactions: SG57
Hi, I just uninstalled the app and re-installed with one week full access. It worked perfectly. Is it possible, @SG57 , to re-activate (?) my account?
And @SG57 , forget about it. Unfortunately now it is again billing error. When you have time please investigate it. Mine doesn't seem to like it. My phone is Blackberry Key2 with Android N. Language = English.

Thanks. I would love to be able to save the change at the very least. I paid good money for my blue car ha. Also, sorry if this was addressed but does this app work as the phone key or do I still need the official app running?
Sadly yes, you must still use the official Tesla app for calendar sync and bluetooth keys at this time. I've reverse engineered both and the calendar sync is a simple task, the bluetooth key pairing however is much more complex. It uses a lot of proximity sensors, key sharing, and some other junk. I was planning on adding it right when it came out but I lack a Model 3 to test against and quality assure myself, so it'll have to wait until I meet someone local or get one myself!

• Informative
Reactions: GTIceman
@hiroshiy , after doing some research I'm seeing a lot of complaints out there about Google Play services not being supported on Blackberry Key2 devices. This thread purportedly offers a fix (workaround?), not sure how relevant or useful it may be.

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [Read first post for instructions] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Thanks, Key2 is not Blackberry 10, which is already a few years old. Also, there is a Chinese version of the key2 device as the manufacturer is now Chinese and thus, that version doesn't have Play Services apparently. Mine is APAC generic version so it should work I believe...

• Informative
Reactions: SG57
Sorry, I know this is not a support thread but I searched the support thread from the app link and I was unable to post there. I have a model 3 and I'm trying to setup an automatic behavior to start climate in the morning. The action works during the day when I've been using my phone but it never works in the morning before I start using the phone when it has been charging all night. I don't recall the exact error message (I will provide when it tries again) but I think it is failure to connect to the network. I looked in logs but couldn't find the error. My question - Is there some kind of super doze android pie goes into that might limit the app? I have a pixel 3 and have already changed the app to "not optimize" battery use.

Speaking of sleep, are the widgets sleep-aware? I would guess no as my car won't sleep if I use any of the widgets. It would be nice to display the last known values for things like SoC, along with the sleep status, which could simply be a different color. Or even better, sleep duration.

Reactions: Kacey Green
How widely do you think others would use it and for what purpose. It
I would use it daily.

Today, if car is asleep:

1. Start app
2. Put in password or bio auth
3. Get message "car is asleep, wake it?"
4. Reply "no"
5. App ends

As opposed to a glance at the widget to replace all of the above? Very functional and easy to implement in my opinion. Could be a simple color change of the widget when sleeping.

Reactions: Kacey Green
I would use it daily.
Today, if car is asleep:
1. Start app 2. Put in password or bio auth 3. Get message "car is asleep, wake it?" 4. Reply "no" 5. App ends
As opposed to a glance at the widget to replace all of the above? Very functional and easy to implement in my opinion. Could be a simple color change of the widget when sleeping.
I'm confused. Why would you need to check to see if your car is asleep daily?

Why would you need to check to see if your car is asleep daily?
Because it's having insomnia and I'm trying to figure out why from different locations. Preliminary results show some settings have major effects while others have minor effects and still others have no effect. Just trying to understand my car"s undocumented features at the moment.

@SG57 been using this app for awhile on my Model S. Recently got a Model 3 for my wife, and the battery current tool does not work on her car. I like to use it to see how much power the car is pulling during preheating or idling. It gives me a vehicle disconnected error even though I am clearly connected to the car as all other commands work. Tried searching this thread but didn't see it mentioned anywhere else? Tool still works fine for my Model S.

Also, customizable widgets would be great. Would love to be able to add an unlock/open charge port command. I try not to use the button on our charge cable to open/release to avoid waking the other car in the garage and unnecessarily actuating HV contactor and charge door for wear cycle purposes. Right now I'm forced to go into the app to unlock the charge port, but a widget command for each car would be great.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTIceman
@SG57 been using this app for awhile on my Model S. Recently got a Model 3 for my wife, and the battery current tool does not work on her car. I like to use it to see how much power the car is pulling during preheating or idling. It gives me a vehicle disconnected error even though I am clearly connected to the car as all other commands work. Tried searching this thread but didn't see it mentioned anywhere else? Tool still works fine for my Model S.

Also, customizable widgets would be great. Would love to be able to add an unlock/open charge port command. I try not to use the button on our charge cable to open/release to avoid waking the other car in the garage and unnecessarily actuating HV contactor and charge door for wear cycle purposes. Right now I'm forced to go into the app to unlock the charge port, but a widget command for each car would be great.
The battery current disconnected error is because your Model 3 and apparently my Model X lack the streaming API needed for the function. I grew to enjoy it (despite the constantly flipping numbers) with my Model S