Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SG57 , can we have an option that stops this incredibly bad behavior of charging 4-5 times per night? Just give us an option to use the number we provide (or the previous day or weekly avg)

The stop/start can't be good for idle/sleeping nor for 'charge efficiency'.

Below is what happens daily to me for my finish by 5am charge option. 15min, 57min, 15min, 15min, 48min. (output from TeslaFI.COM).

V659KwJ.jpg

Last edited:
@SG57 , can we have an option that stops this incredibly bad behavior of charging 4-5 times per night? Just give us an option to use the number we provide (or the previous day or weekly avg)

The stop/start can't be good for idle/sleeping nor for 'charge efficiency'.

Below is what happens daily to me for my finish by 5am charge option. 15min, 57min, 15min, 15min, 48min. (output from TeslaFI.COM).

V659KwJ.jpg
I suspect this is because you have "Allow charge stopping" enabled. It is trying to get a more accurate reading on the charge rate. The API does not allow lowering the charging Amps, it is just an on/off situation, but the car can charge at a different rate depending on ambient and battery temperature and SOC. I think the app turns on to check how fast it is able to charge. If it does not do this, it is less likely to be able to hit the charge completion time accurately. The car may finish too soon, and your battery not be warm when starting your trip, or it may not be charged on time. The latter may be disastrous, so it is likely to do the former, which is not good either.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
I suspect this is because you have "Allow charge stopping" enabled. It is trying to get a more accurate reading on the charge rate. The API does not allow lowering the charging Amps, it is just an on/off situation, but the car can charge at a different rate depending on ambient and battery temperature and SOC. I think the app turns on to check how fast it is able to charge. If it does not do this, it is less likely to be able to hit the charge completion time accurately. The car may finish too soon, and your battery not be warm when starting your trip, or it may not be charged on time. The latter may be disastrous, so it is likely to do the former, which is not good either.
Remember this can be used for daily charges and not just a road type 'trip'. It should provide an option to be 'close' and not 'perfect'.

There are 5 charges there. The 2nd one was 57 minutes! That is overkill.

Like I said just give us an option to use the [amp] number we provide (or more accurately the previous day or weekly avg). It doesn't have to be perfect. Perhaps on our roadtrip one we can have an option for 'as close as possible (heartbeats allowed)'.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Hi everyone,

I love this app but recently it got weird behaviors : the smart charging schedules are just not working properly. It does start the charging of the car but it does so waaaaay too early and when I wake up in the morning it is to see that that AC has been turned off because it has been running for 4 hours... This makes the app pretty much useless.

Any clue what is happening ? Has anyone encountered such a behavior ?

Many thanks !

Hi everyone,

I love this app but recently it got weird behaviors : the smart charging schedules are just not working properly. It does start the charging of the car but it does so waaaaay too early and when I wake up in the morning it is to see that that AC has been turned off because it has been running for 4 hours... This makes the app pretty much useless.

Any clue what is happening ? Has anyone encountered such a behavior ?

Many thanks !
I was similar having issues and finally decided that was setting the day incorrectly. There is some combination that confuses it and causes problems. I started documenting how I was setting things to help with troubleshooting and never had another problem. Weird.

I think what I was doing was setting it to go off at an earlier than current time on the current day. As I said, it quit malfunctioning when I was watching closely what I was doing.:cool:

I was visiting someone last weekend and I use the Tesla feature to turn Sentry Mode (SM) on when I'm not at home.
I noticed my car at 117F ... even tho I have the Tesla feature of Cabin Protection (CP) turned ON. It was about 92F outside.
It appears SM and CP are currently incompatible. Good news still for D4T users is the it has the Cabin Temp feature below!
those are the settings I was using (may have used +/-25F the 1st day) and they worked well.
I think I set the cabin temp to 81F manually (not HI as that turns on the heat!)
Not sure if that mattered as I think D4T would just shut off HVAC when it hit 100F at it's 10 min cycle check.
Hope this makes sense.

W8DLg5h.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
So does this cycle it? I hope we can get this added in as an automation in the app, I've got the Tesla accessory alarm and it disables cabin Overheat Protection if the alarm is enabled, but preconditioning still works
I was visiting someone last weekend and I use the Tesla feature to turn Sentry Mode (SM) on when I'm not at home.
I noticed my car at 117F ... even tho I have the Tesla feature of Cabin Protection (CP) turned ON. It was about 92F outside.
It appears SM and CP are currently incompatible. Good news still for D4T users is the it has the Cabin Temp feature below!
those are the settings I was using (may have used +/-25F the 1st day) and they worked well.
I think I set the cabin temp to 81F manually (not HI as that turns on the heat!)
Not sure if that mattered as I think D4T would just shut off HVAC when it hit 100F at it's 10 min cycle check.
Hope this makes sense.

W8DLg5h.jpg

Hope this makes sense.

W8DLg5h.jpg
I'm guessing in between the 10 minute checks, your temp can easily jump from 100 to 117.

So I am a new TMC member and have taken about 4 days to go through all 52 pages of posts. Whew! Lots of good information. As well, I am also a brand new 2019 Model 3 LR Dual Motor FSD owner. I have been told by my local Tesla dealer that I have the latest FSD chip as well. I would like to purchase Dashboard but not sure which Advanced Features I would use. But after reading all 52 pages it sounds like the speed clocking feature of Dashboard for Tesla may not work for my car (with the latest hardware), is this correct? If so then it wouldn't make sense for me to buy the Speed Clocking feature unless @SG57 has found a way to get the streaming data to work, correct?

I did get the Free 1-Week Full Access back on June 17, 2019 and wanted to test out the App but I had only taken delivery of it 3 days prior. As a result I really didn't get a good feel for what the differences were between the official Tesla App and Dashboard. Also, being such a newbie I haven't established any charging patterns other than to plug it in after driving home from work and setting a 90% charge limit. Is there any way to get one more free week to proper vet out Dashboard and determine what advanced features would be useful for my use case?

Thanks in advance.

Hope this makes sense.
FYI, it appears that Cabin [overheat] Protection (CP) and Sentry Mode are working again. I'm on FW 2019.20.4.

I've been using the Android app Dashboard for Tesla that has a nice timed (duty cycle) to check temp every X minutes and turn on
BECAUSE using Sentry Mode disabled Cabin Overheat Protection I read 1.5 months ago.

I was at the Drs today and saw with centry mode that Cabin Overheat Protection and Sentry Mode is working again.

Sentry known to be on via TeslaFI.COM display:
mjtMiVV.jpg

Note the red 'Inside Temp' fluctuating nicely below 105F.

Nn0x7fi.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Kacey Green
FYI, it appears that Cabin [overheat] Protection (CP) and Sentry Mode are working again. I'm on FW 2019.20.4.

I've been using the Android app Dashboard for Tesla that has a nice timed (duty cycle) to check temp every X minutes and turn on
BECAUSE using Sentry Mode disabled Cabin Overheat Protection I read 1.5 months ago.

I was at the Drs today and saw with centry mode that Cabin Overheat Protection and Sentry Mode is working again.

Sentry known to be on via TeslaFI.COM display:
mjtMiVV.jpg

Note the red 'Inside Temp' fluctuating nicely below 105F.

Nn0x7fi.jpg
How did you set this up? I have both TeslaFi and Dashboard for Tesla. The alarm system gets set by Sentry Mode which disables overheat protection, which disables my BlackVue (after the car gets way too hot). My black Model X and its awesome windshield are a bad combo for disabling cabin overheat.

How did you set this up? I have both TeslaFi and Dashboard for Tesla. The alarm system gets set by Sentry Mode which disables overheat protection, which disables my BlackVue (after the car gets way too hot). My black Model X and its awesome windshield are a bad combo for disabling cabin overheat.
I'm confused. I mentioned that 2019.20.4 fixed it. Sentry=ON and Cabin Overheat stays ON and works.

I pointed out my screen settings for D4T when it wasn't working on the prior FW here: Vendor - Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

The data I graphed below is just some of the 'raw data' from TeslaFI.COM where you can pick which columns you want to see for a 24 hrs worth of raw data.
Menu: Help --> Raw Data Feed
URL: TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger

That will do it! The Tesla accessory alarm disables cabin Overheat Protection and sentry turns on the alarm. I hope they fix this limitation at some point. Do the EU cars not have COP? It's more annoying because it doesn't have any problems with regular HVAC or preconditioning.
I'm confused. I mentioned that 2019.20.4 fixed it. Sentry=ON and Cabin Overheat stays ON and works.

I pointed out my screen settings for D4T when it wasn't working on the prior FW here: Vendor - Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

The data I graphed below is just some of the 'raw data' from TeslaFI.COM where you can pick which columns you want to see for a 24 hrs worth of raw data.
Menu: Help --> Raw Data Feed
URL: TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger