Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the smart charging feature compatible with the new 2020 model s? I recently upgraded from a 16 70D and the smart charging feature does not seem to be able to stop and start the charge or start HVAC at the time requested. Never had any problems with smart charging on the s70d. There is no "always connected" setting on the new S.

While on a roadtrip I noticed that D4T is exceedingly (several minutes) slow to open up after a fingerprint login after you were connected to wifi (ie. in hotel room) and then your phone is connected to a cell tower (ie. now supercharger). Once connected you can exit and come back in quickly if you are on the cell towers.

Is this happening to others?

Normally it opens up in a few moments just like the official Tesla app does.

I applaud your effort. I won't do a subscription for any software -- don't approve of the concept, sorry. I don't lease cars, and certainly not software.

The only thing I see that might be of use to me is the "complete climate control", but since you don't define that feature, I'm not sure even that is worth a fee to me.
Subscribing to software will become the standard. Sorry.
Gotta pay for all those 2 week rolling updates forever somehow!!

I see this is an old thread with over 1000 posts. Does anyone have a tally of what really separates this app from the official Tesla app? A lot of the features seem to be redundant with the Tesla app. Maybe at the time it was initially released, the Tesla app had limited functionality and this was more significant? Upgrades I see:
  • Smart watch support (available as a one time purchase via other apps)
  • Trip tracking (sort of like TeslaFi, but only via app? Screenshot seems like very limited detail)
  • "Speed clocking" - not sure how accurate this is if the app only access via API and not CAN bus.

You are right - the gap between apps has closed significantly. I bought this early on. Still use it to schedule a sequence of events - finish charging to x% SOC by 08:00 AM only on Monday through Friday, wake vehicle, turn on heat, turn on steering wheel heat, unlock doors, honk horn (so I know it worked while I finish the morning paper).

I also use different profiles - I charge differently when I go to my son's house for example. Or I have an "all in" profile to charge to higher SOC when a trip is planned. Also use the "not plugged in" reminder or remote "start HVAC" with a button, like when I'm about to leave a store on a cold day. And I like the audio UI better than the Tesla app for back seat control. Plus it's aware if your car is sleeping asking if you want to wake it.

Some things like software updates are much better with the Tesla app.

But that's me. YMMV.

I also purchased this app in 2016 (when the developer was very active, both here on TMC and developing and upgrading the app).

I almost never use the official Tesla app, both on my S when I had it and on the 3. Main advantage of this app is the widget - one click for almost every function - turn HVAC on, pop the trunk/frunk, honk horn, lock/unlock - and it's almost instantaneous. Well worth the money, IMHO.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Having issues with login, getting the following message:
400 {"response":"endpoint_deprecated:_please_update_your_app."}

I am on version 2.1.51, not seeing anything newer available in playstore.

The same user/password works fine on Tesla website and app.

Anyone else seeing this?

My TeslaFI account says this currently. Wonder if it is related.

Your Tesla API Token expires in 13 Days and cannot be automatically refreshed.
Generate a new v3 API token here to turn on automatic refreshing.
Click here to learn more about the v3 Tesla API Token.
I'm going to go generate a new v3 token I think.
Note:
You can provide TeslaFi with your API Token in one of two ways:
1) Allow TeslaFi To Generate My Tesla API Token
Enter your Tesla.com credentials and TeslaFi will use them to obtain a token on your behalf.
Your credentials will be used once to obtain the token and then the credentials will be discarded and will not be saved on TeslaFi.
Most TeslaFi users choose this option.
2) Provide My Own Token

I'm trying to log back into Dashboard and can't get in. After entering the username and password, followed by the authenticator code, I get the message in the screen shot:
Screenshot_20210220-072733_2.png

I have been relying on Dashboard for years. How do I regain access?
Thanks for your help!