Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard icons flashing while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone has any idea why in my X dashboard icons coming on and off while driving?
Also noticed wheel buttons working very slow and backup camera lagging in speed. no warning messages nothing changed in driving, maybe coronavirus

Attachments

• C6EDFE62-1CF7-43A4-A521-B2924B3C7986.jpeg
    C6EDFE62-1CF7-43A4-A521-B2924B3C7986.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 1,165
Last edited:
I actually had something like this happen to me recently in my Model S. I was driving down the road and then the MCU reset itself - but not blank screen - went back to "Car Off" display as if I first got into the car and then all icons lit up and the display came back to normal. Really strange as I was moving the entire time. No errors or warnings.

Software being software I guess.

Add details of what you tried, when it started, MCU1 or 2, etc .... details.

Consolidated eMMC Thread (MCU repair) (Black Center Screen)
Thanks, raven 2019 , nothing to do with black center screen though I figure it is either 12v battery soon dead or computer malfunction weird part not warnings yet
Anyone has any idea why in my X dashboard icons coming on and off while driving?
Also noticed wheel buttons working very slow and backup camera lagging in speed. no warning messages nothing changed in driving, maybe coronavirus

I actually had something like this happen to me recently in my Model S. I was driving down the road and then the MCU reset itself - but not blank screen - went back to "Car Off" display as if I first got into the car and then all icons lit up and the display came back to normal. Really strange as I was moving the entire time. No errors or warnings.

Software being software I guess.

I had this happen to me about 2 weeks ago in my S. It was the first and only time it’s ever happened to me. Was very strange.

Thanks, raven 2019 , nothing to do with black center screen though I figure it is either 12v battery soon dead or computer malfunction weird part not warnings yet
More details when you post please.

How many times have you seen it?
What did you try?
Reboot with two buttons? While stopped? While driving? (which can be done even when in AP ... I did this a couple days ago)
Power off from menu? and wait in seat> 4 minutes?

More details when you post please.

How many times have you seen it?
What did you try?
Reboot with two buttons? While stopped? While driving? (which can be done even when in AP ... I did this a couple days ago)
Power off from menu? and wait in seat> 4 minutes?
It is the second day, comes every 20 second or so while driving or in parking, I did restart once from the power off menu, waiting reboot, didn't change a thing. The wheel power buttons pretty much useless now lagging or not responding, center screen works fine.

It is the second day, comes every 20 second or so while driving or in parking, I did restart once from the power off menu, waiting reboot, didn't change a thing. The wheel power buttons pretty much useless now lagging or not responding, center screen works fine.
So an X Raven '19 should be MCU2 which means the drivers info display is just a 2nd 'monitor' and it driven by the main MCU computer (MCU1 and Driver Info Console were separate computers).
What firmware/software release are you on?
Cars history? Purchases new? Salvaged?
I'd try Power Off again and exit vehicle for 10 minutes.
If that doesn't work, then I'd unhook the 12v battery neg wire for 10 minutes.
Near service center?