Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard Issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure you have Cabin Overheat Protection on and use a sun shade to prevent it from happening to your replacement. I also had good tint (Llumar Stratos) installed on all windows including the windshield and the IC bubbling has not gotten worse.
I have a sun shade, my windows are tinted, cabin overheat protection is on and I have the sun shade mesh on my sunroof. Still got bubbles. It is my opinion that the adhesive starts to fail over the years along with the heat is what causes the fluid to leak. I believe Chimei Innolux changed the adhesive on later models, that is why later model are getting the yellowing around the screens of the MCU and IC.

So I turned off my overheat protection on my 2014. Reasoning = 1. this car came from vegas and did not have overheat protection for a few years before it was an option Wouldnt I have had bubbles by now?. 2. I believe its more expensive to fix a worn out AC compressor / HVAC components than either of the screens. Am I out of line here?

So I turned off my overheat protection on my 2014. Reasoning = 1. this car came from vegas and did not have overheat protection for a few years before it was an option Wouldnt I have had bubbles by now?. 2. I believe its more expensive to fix a worn out AC compressor / HVAC components than either of the screens. Am I out of line here?

My car spent 3 years parked daily in the sun in Houston, no bubbles. Switch it to being my wife's daily driver in a parking garage, bubbles show up after 6 months.

Make sure you have Cabin Overheat Protection on and use a sun shade to prevent it from happening to your replacement. I also had good tint (Llumar Stratos) installed on all windows including the windshield and the IC bubbling has not gotten worse.

my sunshade should be in today. My windows were already tinted when I got the car but I will be going darker with the tint.. The bubbling has gotten 10x worse since the original pic last week and that is with the cabin overheat protection on. I live in Florida where it gets very hot.

Why would the instrument cluster even need to be filled with this liquid glue? If it functions without it and looks the same after cleaning it I wonder what the purpose of this liquid is?
I am not sure, here are some pics from another member that did that same thing that I did.
thumbnail1.png
thumbnail2.png
thumbnail3.png

My 2014 Model S has this problem now - just the dashboard and not the center console. What does Tesla charge to fix / replace the glass?
It’s a crazy amount. I think like $700 or something stupid like that. You might inquire about mcu2 upgrade. It’s $1500 BUT you get a new IC and MCU. fwiw my MCU followed with dripping about 6 months after my IC. (Tesla fixed my IC under used warranty)

It’s a crazy amount. I think like $700 or something stupid like that. You might inquire about mcu2 upgrade. It’s $1500 BUT you get a new IC and MCU. fwiw my MCU followed with dripping about 6 months after my IC. (Tesla fixed my IC under used warranty)
Yeah if it costs that much better off getting MCU2 upgrade. I loved my upgrade (till I sold the car!). Just part of the "maintenance" that goes with having a modern car with a giant display. :)