Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashboard replacement cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not know double sided sticky thing that is supposed to work fine on most cars are not really compatible with tesla.
it left mark (or took off some paint) and looks horrible like this...

does anyone know how much it cost to replace this dashboard part? (this is model 3)

KakaoTalk_20210817_180115354.jpg

do you know if this one is safe from leaving mark / or take paint off like sticky cellphone pad i put on?
The mat just stays on, there is no tape to keep it in place.
It also protects the dashbord from the sun or any scratches.
But I mostly install it to remove any glare or sun reflections.

I imagine that after a while the mark on your dashboard will be less noticeable.
To hold my phone, I use a phone clip and I didn't noticed any issues.

Reactions: notknown
The mat just stays on, there is no tape to keep it in place.
It also protects the dashbord from the sun or any scratches.
But I mostly install it to remove any glare or sun reflections.

I imagine that after a while the mark on your dashboard will be less noticeable.
To hold my phone, I use a phone clip and I didn't noticed any issues.

I have a mat but had to stop using it because the accelerstiom of the performance takes it off ha

I just got an estimate from Tesla service center that part IP Sub ASY, Base and Premium PVC 1083401-05-J is $880..

I dont know if this is correct. Do you have any advice on this?

I think that's correct, the person who mentioned the $200 price above was referring to the piece in front that contains the wood insert and is easily removable. That base piece is $880 and probably comes with a hefty installation charge too. I'd go for the cover Watts_up shared.

Tim

Reactions: Watts_Up
Hey guys. Regarding the use of any type of dashboard cover, do you think a cover could prevent the front passenger air bags (which are located just below the surface of the dashboard) from deploying properly?

Yes, the intense pressure/force of the air bags when they deploy, would probably completely blow away & move any cover that is on the dashboard. Nevertheless, I would be a little concerned about a cover possibly impeding deployment in some manner…

Last edited: